Is anyone else giving up anything for lent?

Options
I have decided to give up chocolate for lent....dun dun duuurrrrnnnnnn!!

It is basically made me gain 5 stone in less than 3 years. And I think it is time to give the sweet stuff the boot. Well at least until Easter.

I think I have got to the point when I don't even enjoy it anymore, I eat and buy it out of habit.

Is anyone else giving anything up for work? (And no.....work/homework doesn't count.... :-P I already tried and got told no)

Replies

• sarajo16
    sarajo16 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Fair play! I couldn't give up chocolate! Instead of giving something up I'm going to take up something - I'm going to try and do exercise before work. Fingers crossed. I just need to get into the habbit of getting up 30mins earlier and do one of Jillian Michaels dvds which are only 20mins.
  • Brennaohh
    Options
    I'm going to give up sweets for lent. I've done it the past two years.

I find that if I don't eat them, I don't crave them. I think it is mostly because I can't really remember how good they taste.
    Also, when I coming down off a sugar high I get pretttty grouchy, so giving it up helps all around really.

So no candy,ice cream, or baked goods for me (:
  • jessthesinger
    Options
    I like that idea of taking something up!

And I've never given chocolate up before! I tend to give up things I know I can do...rather than things that will be a challenge.
  • ace175
    ace175 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I'm just giving up my unhealthy eating habits! I've kinda lost sight of that and have adopted some of my old habits again, so that's what I'm giving up!
  • Jennicia
    Jennicia Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    WHITE CARBS!!! (Sugar, flour, bread, noodles...)
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I decided I do not want to put anything in my "did I really need that" part of my food diary. - this usually contains food when I am going to go over my cals, cookies and desserts and alcohol. So basically when I don't need it. I am not giving up chocolate because trader joe's has a chocolate oat bar and some granola bars have chocolate and I use them for snacks while skiing and such - but for example a chocolate bar- the unnecessary things
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I'm not. I kinda gave up enough when i changed life styles for this. :) I will take what little chocolate i allow myself... :)

I would give up working for a month but my boss probably won't approve of that one hah
  • Katie41907
    Options
    PIZZA!!!!
  • AntShanny
    AntShanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter! :wink:

I've given up on giving anything up for Lent.