Giving up for Lent?

Options

Replies

• jamerican23
    jamerican23 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I have decided to give up fast food it gonna be hard but i am doing it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Alcohol, cigarettes, junk food....pretty much all my vices are being given up for Lent.
  • tausha_k
    Options
    Today, I am indulging in "Fat Tuesday" fashion! Already had a Paczki, going to have beer this afternoon!! Tomorrow, I will be giving up beer!! My love for this drink runs so deep, I am not sure I can do this. My Fiance says I can, and he is very supportive of me!!

No beer for 40 days!! Here we go....
  • skinnybernie64
    Options
    I'm also giving up facebook. Waste of time and energy.... Vacationing in ARUBA in 18 days so will use that time for more exercise!!!!
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    bump
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Most years for Lent I give up watching football.

This year I think I'm going to try my hand at quiting Diet Mt Dew, but that never seems to end well.
  • LilMizDetermined
    LilMizDetermined Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I am fasting from sweets. This will be a challenge and will take a lot of prayer and help from God, but I know that with his guidance I will succeed.

You should define "sweets." Fruits are great for you, but are very sweet as well ;) You should say anything with sugar added to it so you don't deprive yourself of yummy fruit :D
  • sandybeachez
    sandybeachez Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am giving up desserts and red meat. The desert part is what is hard.
  • strunkm4
    strunkm4 Posts: 266
    Options
    I'm also giving up facebook. Waste of time and energy.... Vacationing in ARUBA in 18 days so will use that time for more exercise!!!!

I gave up facebook two years ago and it was probably the BEST decision I have ever made!!!!
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Yes I am giving up sugar, shellfish, bread, liquor, fast food, not working out!
  • danger_kitteh
    danger_kitteh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I'm giving up beer. I had my last glass last night with dinner. I will still have a glass of wine here or there, but beer is my weakness :(
  • memecade
    Options
    Fried foods................ boohooooooooooooo :( lol
  • MelanieAG05
    MelanieAG05 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Nothing! Yeehaa!
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Did it last year and I'm pretty sure I'm doing it again this year... gotta give up McDonald's (even the seemingly healthy options) Eventually I'll get to the point where it'll be all fast food in general, but baby steps first! :tongue:

And I hardly drink them, but I'm giving up all sodas, too.
  • mp13cat
    mp13cat Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm giving up soda. Even though I'm only drinking diet soda at this point, it's still not very good for you. I'm also resolving to stop cursing and stop gossiping.
  • Schopywoman
    Options
    Wow . . . . . that's a great deal of time & I respect your motivation . . . I was having difficulty on deciding what to give up for lent and I hope you don't mind but I will commit to walking briskly 40 to 60 mins three times a week - minimjum - I can keep that commitment - not sure in the begining I could do more . . . . . . .Thank you!
  • Sarena3
    Sarena3 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Great reflection. I think along with "giving up" I will add my spiritual time back in to mornings. I've gotten into the habit of sleeping in, (4:30am instead of 3:45am :) and away from my time of prayer and reflection. Thanks for this post.
  • Jennicia
    Jennicia Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    WHITE CARBS! (sugar, noodles, white bread etc...) I've already given up one of my bad habbits (soda) so this is the only logical next step!
  • FindingTotalHealth
    Options
    Pasta which will be hard given that it is one of my main food groups. My parents are betting on how long before I cave :(
    And I'm committing to eating my meals at the kitchen table instead of at the couch or in bed.
    And sweets except the occassional jolly rancher.
  • julieban1
    julieban1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm giving up pop. My one can a day has escalated to two a day & now my 14 year old has one every other day. The whole house is giving up pop!