I'm SORE!

Options
I'm so amazed at all the before and after pictures in the success stories. I'm also jealous.

I get it, it's about nutrition and fitness. Unfortunately I have a sweet tooth. Anyhow, I'm not terribly out of shape as I can run 4 miles no problem. The problem is weights. Any type of weights, light, heavy....whenever I do strenght training I'm sore for days on end and can't keep up with it. Any suggestions? Thanks!!

Replies

• sarafil
    sarafil Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Unless you are not using proper form, I think the soreness is just part of it....you are going to be sore as you break down and build up your muscles! Eat a lot of protein...
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Aleve and/or Advil
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    I'm so amazed at all the before and after pictures in the success stories. I'm also jealous.

I get it, it's about nutrition and fitness. Unfortunately I have a sweet tooth. Anyhow, I'm not terribly out of shape as I can run 4 miles no problem. The problem is weights. Any type of weights, light, heavy....whenever I do strenght training I'm sore for days on end and can't keep up with it. Any suggestions? Thanks!!

Soreness is inflammation in the connective tissues. Unfortunately, the only way to beat it is to keep working through it.

Get on a routine that starts slowly and adds a little bit each week. Warming up with 5-10 minutes of cardio before and some stretching of the problem areas throughout the day can help.
  • RedHeadChick
    RedHeadChick Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Are you stretching enough after your workouts? Drinking enough water? Those are super super important! I find when I really stretch after each set and at the end of the workout, I have less soarness.