Beer?

Options
So my big addiction is Beer, Yes I drink light beer usually Michelob Ultra. I know this isn't the best for nutrition. But if I stay under my calories and stuff is this bad? My food diary is open to look at. please let me know your opinions.

Replies

• tjalred
    tjalred Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I think you are doing a great job and if you choose to occasionally treat yourself with a beer or two, go for it. You know what your calorie intake is and how to manage it.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    As long as you're keeping within your calorie range, I say go for it! On days when I've had a really long run or tough workout, I'll sometimes reward myself with a couple really good cold beers and not worry about the calories. And choosing a beer light Michelob Ultra (lower in calories and very low in carbs) is already a step in the right direction. Life doesn't stop because you're trying to lose weight or get healthy, a couple beers (in moderation) are just fine :)
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I drink beer (a lot of it, actually) and I am losing weight. But I will say that I think beer is what got me fat in the first place, lol :) I looked at your diary, you aren't drinking huge amounts, so you should be fine.
  • 5kfunrun
    5kfunrun Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just read through your food journal for a few days. You are only having 1 or 2 so it's not that bad, however you did refer to it as your "addiction." Rather than ruling it out all together, perhaps you could limit yourself to just on the weekends, or if that is too much, limit yourself to just 1. As long as YOU feel in control of your diet and not a slave to any food, then you will be fine!

Keep up the good work!
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    As long as it's in moderation and fits within your calorie goals. And you're not skipping out on veggies or something to fit a beer in.

Remember though that alcochol also slows your metabolism so it's a double whammy in the calorie department.