Anyone else around 5'8 looking to lose 15-20 pounds?

Options
Hi everybody. I'm not exactly new here but I have been off track since about december and have gained some of the pounds I lost back. I'm 5'8 and currently at about 146 lbs, my goal weight would be somewhere between125-130 lbs. I like to think that I'm pretty athletic, doing strength training at least 3 times a week, and I want to drop those last pounds to really look as toned as I want to!

Anyone else in a similar situation? I would really like some more friends that I can motivate and who can motivate me back as well! :)

Replies

• stephelan
    Options
    Almost the exact same! I'm 5'8" and I'm looking to lose 15-20 more pounds. However, I restarted my journey at 175 but weigh about 170.5 right now and want to be 160-165. (I have a large frame and was original 225+.) I'm also athletic and strength train about three times a week!
  • maaadde
    maaadde Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you want to! :)
  • LindsayLL30
    LindsayLL30 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Me! 5'9 and have 15-20 to go! Feel free to add me!
  • maaadde
    maaadde Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'll do that :)
  • THINtense
    Options
    Me! I'm 5'8 and want to lose another 17lbs max :)
  • I'm 5'10 and want to lose 20 pounds.

Feel free to add me!
  • birdieintx
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and trying to lose about 20 lbs. Started at 157 and trying to get down to 130-135. Feel free to add me!
  • cindym29
    cindym29 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Me! Me! Me! I'm 5'9" & 149/150 and I used to be roughly 135, LOVED my body then. and then, i moved out and have gained a good bit of weight since my move. definitely looking to get between 130/135 and back to my super toned body. Add me, everyone please!
  • Kristierlong
    Kristierlong Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and currntly about 140. I would LOVE to lose another 10 lbs and its taking FOREVER! Feel free to add me.
  • ilikeher
    Options
    I am 5'8 and started MFP at 149lbs. That was in the Spring. I fell off for a bit during the Summer but have lost almost 20lbs. It is tough but it's a great feeling when you start seeing a difference. If you need any support I'm happy to help :)
  • lmchugh1980
    Options
    I am looking to lose around the same, although I am far from athletic but feel free to add me! I could also use some motivation during these cold wintery months! Good luck!
  • DRetel
    DRetel Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8, and I've lost around 15lbs so far. Was about 19lbs, but with a foot sprain and a bout of bronchitis, I've had a bit of a set back. I'm hoping to drop another 10 - 15. We'll see how I feel as I go along.
    I try to get to the gym, or outside for a run 4 times a week. :-)
  • warpet
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and looking to lose 15 to 20. I'm starting at about 170 and don't want to go lower than 150. I must be large framed to because the dr. told me not to go under 155. BTW, I have no friends so feel free to add me too LOL
  • barberella
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and about 181 after screwing up and letting myself go. I would like to lose more than 20 pounds but that's my goal for right now. If I can get to 160, I'll be so damn happy. Then I know I can get to my goal weight of 140.
  • cbear017
    cbear017 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm 5'9. I started out here at 155 and I've lost 10 pounds so far, but have another 10 to go before I reach my goal weight of 135lbs.

I am currently nearing the end of the six-month New Rules of Lifting for Women program.
  • merie08
    merie08 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Im somewhere between 5'8 and 5'9 and I have already lost about 20 lbs and have about 20 left to lose!Feel free to add me:)
  • cindym29
    Options
    hi everyone! what do you all do to help you stay motivated and to lose the weight?? Let's keep this thread open with ideas to toss around and that way we can motivate each other & have a place to go to check in with each other!!!!!
  • lucythinmint
    Options
    5'8" I have lost 110lbs. already, most before MFP.

I have about 8-10lbs left to loose....maybe. :bigsmile:
  • cindym29
    Options
    Way to go Lucy! you can definitely get rid of those last few pounds :)