Bought a new Scale and dont like the number!

Options
So my old scale was inconsistant with weigh-ins depending on where it was in my kitchen. On my weigh in day, I weigh myself 20 or so times and will use the most repeated number or average them for my weight.

I was tired of all that so last night I bought a new scale and it gives me the same number no matter where it is in the kitchen... which is awesome, HOWEVER... it puts me 2lbs higher than my last weigh in!!

So now I have to go in and adjust my weight which will show me gaining... this SUCKS.... :mad:

Replies

• withervein
    withervein Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Ignore the scale all together. It will save you a lot of stress.
  • marquesajen
    Options
    Well, at least it's only 2 lbs. higher and not 5!
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    ya it sucks, same thing happened to me as i went to a digital scale. i got over it fast when i saw my 1st drop...
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    The scale just shows a number and you're the only one who can see it. Your progress is more important. If it really matters that much, adjust your starting weight 2 pounds higher so you show the same amount of progress.
  • kelly_gelinas
    kelly_gelinas Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    That happened to me, but mine put on 8lbs. talk about a punch in the stomache. Focus on pounds lost total and not the number. It removed the stress for me.
  • Ms_Blondie
    Ms_Blondie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me when I got a new scale for Christmas. It put me up 6 lbs from where I was on the other scale. But all scales will be different. I have 3 different scales in my parents house and all 3 weigh me at different weights.
  • Seminolegirl97
    Seminolegirl97 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    My scale at home and the scale at the Doctor are an 8 lbs difference!! 8lbs. It's a mind game everytime. It sucks. I'm gonna do away with all scales.
  • carhicks
    carhicks Posts: 1,924 Member
    Options
    Just did the same thing today. New scale says +4 pounds. Oh well, not much I can do, but was not happy. When I get back from vacation and check out my weight at the gym, I will be able to see what the difference really is.