Quick and easy breakfast in a cup.

Options

Replies

• Rosemarose
    Rosemarose Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Oh yum! I made this before work today and it was scrumptious!! So hard to believe it's healthy. My new favorite breakfast.
  • Mmh, thanks for sharing!
  • BifDiehl
    BifDiehl Posts: 474
    Options
    Yum!
  • vanillasugar
    vanillasugar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    sounds delicious! will have to give this a go...might add some onions in there too when I try it. thanks for sharing! :smile:
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!
  • toque88
    toque88 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Oh I'm TOTALLY gonna do this tomorrow morning! :drinker:
  • Jennicia
    Jennicia Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    that sounds soooooooooooooo good! I dont like swiss tho. I could substitute right?
  • ezramedic
    Options
    My husband and I have done so many variations of this Hungry Girl recipe! It's a go-to in our house!
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    *bump*
  • ezramedic
    Options
    that sounds soooooooooooooo good! I dont like swiss tho. I could substitute right?

The Laughing Cow cheese wedges taste more like cream cheese to me, then swiss.
  • jpuderbaugh
    jpuderbaugh Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I am fairly new...Can you please tell me why everyone is saying "bump?"
    Thanks!

I'm wondering the same thing. Could someone please elaborate?
  • garyobesedeleted
    garyobesedeleted Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    sounds lush but i dont know what half of the ingredients are and what is c.? lol Do we have a carton of egg whites in the uk? Do we have egg nog too? what is egg nog? who am i?
  • garyobesedeleted
    garyobesedeleted Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I am fairly new...Can you please tell me why everyone is saying "bump?"
    Thanks!

I'm wondering the same thing. Could someone please elaborate?

*bump* is when people like the topic and want it to keep appearing on the homepage so others can see it
  • time2bhealthy
    time2bhealthy Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    According to Jillian Michaels egg beaters are not actually healthier for you than regular eggs.

Here's why:
    1. They are lower calorie than regular eggs. How is this possible? Chemicals.
    2. They are full of dyes.
    3. They are full of chemicals.

Real eggs for me and my family. Plus, egg beaters are not organic. Local eggs are best tasting and best for you! Say no to factory farmed eggs and egg beaters!
  • hlshubert
    Options
    Wow - sounds delish - thanks for sharing!!!
  • salzej01
    salzej01 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    From Jillian Michael's podcast on this topic (eggs Vs egg beaters)

illian recently went to the store with a friend who bought Egg Beaters. Her friend thought they were healthier, leaving Jillian horrified. Jillian's concerned that we've bought too much into advertising claims that chemicals and science can outdo mother nature. Egg Beaters may contain real eggs, but they also contain coloring, vegetable gum, and flavoring, among other additives. Real eggs are "nearly complete" foods. There is more HDL (good cholesterol) than LDL (bad cholesterol). Eggs lower cholesterol because of HDL. Jillian says the saturated fat in eggs shouldn't scare you. Saturated fat has not been conclusively linked to heart disease, while trans fats and diets high in sugar are linked to heart disease. Eggs are nearly a perfect food because they are only missing Vitamin C. Jillian eats the entire egg. If you're dieting and looking for volume to fill you up, you can use 10 egg whites for a healthier alternative.

Products enriched with vitamins and minerals are usually highly processed, garbage food. We don't really understand how the body processes nutrients. Broccoli has lots of vitamins and minerals. The combination of nutrients may be the key; or maybe each nutrient stands on its own. We just don't really know. So those franken-fortified-foods? They can't improve on nature. It's either a ploy to save money or a marketing gimmick.

Michael Pollan's "In Defense of Food" (great book, in my opinion) discusses the marketing, cost-savings and politics of real food in more detail.

Jillian gives us some examples of how labels on processed foods can be deceiving.

Inulin fiber is processed grains (not whole grains) with added (enriched) nutrients. If inulin is on a label, it doesn't work in your body the same as whole fiber and naturally occurring foods do. "Fiber enriched" is not the same as eating a whole food. It means "processed."
    Omega-3 enriched food is generally enriched with cheaper Omega-3s, specifically ALA fats. The more expensive Omega-3's are the ones with the health benefits: DHA and EPA. These are the Omega-3s that come from fish. Omega-3 enriched won't give you the same benefits.
    Corn oil may be labeled as "heart healthy," but read the fine print on the label. It says the FDA says there's little scientific evidence supporting the claim. Corn oil is high in Omega-6. Omega-6 is linked to an increased risk in coronary heart disease. Omega-6 is only a problem when it's not balanced with Omega-3's. Given the amount of corn in the American diet, that balance is usually way, way off (Jillian says 50-1 when it should be 1-1).
    MSG-free may not mean the product is actually MSG-free. MSG has many names, all of which are listed in Jillian's Master Your Metabolism book. Hydrolyzed protein is another form of Glutimate (the G in MSG).
    High Fructose Corn Syrup is now called corn sugar on labels.
  • fabulousfebe
    Options
    sounds fabulicious..and will do recipe with real eggs for more nutrition! :flowerforyou:
  • Jen2Bfit
    Jen2Bfit Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious! I have been looking for new recipes, and I new there were ways to make the egg beaters in the microwave, just now I have something more stable to go by in the form of a recipe. I look forward to trying this, thanks! :smile: