Question to all my VIBRAM'ers!

Options
So For Valentines day I got a new pair of Vibrams(Bakila LS). They are alittle different than the regular bakilas because of the elactic laces. But my question is: While Ive been breaking them in I felt like my toes were slipping a bit in the inside. Is this normal or should I return them for a smaller size? My others one are 40 but the sales guy measured me and went with a 41 on these.

Also I dont wear the socks because I like them without but do you think that would help?

I really LOVE them....they are comfortable, lightweight and Cute but just wanna get everyones opinion before I really tear them up outside.

Mahalo!(Thank you!!!!)

Replies

• BeGreat25
    Options
    well the point of the barefoot shoes I think is so theyre a snug fit. I would go back and get the smaller size if you don't like how the 41s feel.
  • Skeels
    Skeels Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Mine basically formed to my feet, but you can always go to the sotre and try on the smaller size. I wear the Komodos by the way....they rox
  • abigailhutch
    Options
    Hey girl!
    I am not too sure about the sizing...I just started wearing mine last week! I got the Komodo Sport LS! My mom has the Bikila LS & loves them.....she's never said anything about her toes moving around.....She went into a store and bought hers, I just measured my foot & got them from vibramfivefingers.com Maybe you should email customer service and ask them for advice? You definitely don't want them too big!
    Good luck!
    ~Abigail
  • Mandykinz2008
    Mandykinz2008 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I'm an original Bikila wearer. Personally, if my feet were slipping I'd return and at least try on the smaller size. I have 3 pairs of Vibrams..they're supposed to be a snug fit but enough space you don't damage your toenails. Go try on the smaller size and see if it works!
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    I have the regular Bikilas and they fit very snug without any movement anywhere. When I first got them they actually felt too tight, but they stretched a little over time. Maybe you should try on the smaller size and see which feels more comfortable. I wear socks with mine sometimes if it is cold outside.
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I would get the smaller size.

I feel like if vibrams are easy to put on, they're not the right size. They should be snug to where it's not uncomfortable but putting them on is a little bit of a chore. If your feet aren't fitting right in them, what little padding there is might not be in the right place to really help you.
  • Serizan
    Serizan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I had a similar issue with a pair of Vibrams I bought at the store - no one helped fit me, so I fit the shoes myself and found they were a bit roomy in the toe and heel.

You want them to be snug - not insanely tight, but definitely form fitting for your feet. My Vibrams now are easy to put on but fit like a glove, so aim for that. If you've got room in the toes or heel, I'd try on a smaller size.
  • Resalyn
    Resalyn Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    You've got two options - try wearing them with the socks, which you said you aren't too hip on - or take them back. I'd take them back - as someone else said, they will stretch a bit and then they will definitely be too loose and could cause blisters and discomfort.

There are definitely size differences between the styles, and they do stretch. My Bikila LS's are size 39, but my Jaya pair is a 39 and they streteched out too much and are now too big for me. Wish there was some way to shrink them! I already washed them a couple times, and that didn't work....
  • tinalatina
    tinalatina Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Man I am so sad to have to return them but I think that is what I need to do! That slipping feeling is definately not giving me the fit like a glove feeling!

Thanks for the feedback!
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I had a problem until I got the socks which helped a ton and I actually like them better than I thought I would once I got used to them. It was nice to have something between me and the shoe seams.