Feeling sad a bit...

Options
Ok. I'm really, really struggling with getting into good habits. I have asked one question where I got a couple of responses that were kind of mean. Then, I read where someone was asking a similar question and she got a similar, not so nice response. People, we are doing our best to make lifestyle changes. If you are on this board, you've probably been in our place a time or two. Please be nice. It makes me want to give up when people are mean.:ohwell:

Replies

• isabellatheo32
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that was your experience! What were the questions (if you don't mind sharing them again)?
  • abbeysadleir
    abbeysadleir Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thats horrible ): I'll give you an answer for your question of trying to get into healthy habits from my experience!
    I started eating mostly organic foods and lots of little meals so I could have variety and it would give the illusion that I was eating more!
    Also I went and bought all new clothes for the gym (: it helped.
    I'm sorry you got so horrible answers before!
  • Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Some people can be rude & forget they had to start somewhere also. Feel free to friend me. I like nice people too! :bigsmile:
  • nettg40
    nettg40 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi GrovyReba... Mean people suck! People are only mean because they are unhappy with themselves. Please feel free to add me as your friend cuz my little group is nothing but supportive!! Welcome!
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    You never know what's going to happen in the forums...there are certain things that will get an OP flamed, no matter what. My advice would be to look to your MFP friends (your friend list) for your primary support.

Don't give up just because some people are tools. Good luck to you!
  • amybrauch
    amybrauch Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of A-holes that post on the forums. i would suggest adding more friends to your profile on here and interact with them privately on your profiles. I have found that to be way more fun and personal than posting on the forums. I have made "friends" w/ a lot of nice folks on MFP.
  • MizSaz
    MizSaz Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Reba, don't let other people throw you off. Something tells me that NOBODY on MFP is here because they're blessed with a perfect body & metabolism. Everyone starts somewhere.
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    sorry to hear that! Hope you get some answers (real, honest, helpful ones). If i can help, let me know!
  • tangiesharp
    tangiesharp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Mean people suck!! Don't let it get you down. Since I've been here, I haven't posted any questions, but search the history of topics if I need some advice. Just stay on your journey and let the haters go.
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Sorry that you have been treated that way. Like you stated, "if they are on this board then they have been in the same place." Some people tend to forget that. I have had nothing but support from all of my great MFP friends. They keep me on track and really know how to raise my spirits. GIVE UP, hell no, PROVE THEM WRONG.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    It happens. Don't let it get to you. It's an internet forum. Jerks are everywhere...including me. I can not honestly say that I have never left a snarky comment on someone's thread. Sorry in advance to everyone here. Smart a** humor can often be misread as rudeness! All of that said...good luck to you! Get yourself some good friends on here and support each other. Over time you can ask your friends the questions you have and avoid the snarky forums.
  • emccand
    emccand Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that you have been treated rudely. I know I feel sad and discouraged if people are negative towards me too. This site should be all about encouragement and helping each other out. Dont give up just because someone else is being a butt. If you would like to repost your questions I will try to help answer them if I can. Good luck!
  • Leslye125
    Leslye125 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Grovy, I too am soo sorry about the responses that you have gotten. Yes, many that are where they want to be have forgotten where they have come from. Please feel free to friend me, I will give you support, positive yes most of the time, but, if you deserve a slap up side the head I will give you that too, but not in public forum only in private via email.

Leslye
  • LethaSue
    LethaSue Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I learned the forums are not going to really be a good choice for support because, there are a few people that sit out there waiting to pounce on others. No matter what the subject they will take it and carry it off with rude remarks and smack downs. It doens't happen with every post and for the most part I have seen good feedback on people that have posted their success stories and pictures. I am happy to see no one has been mean about those or the pictures that go with them. As far as support and advice goes though it is best to rely on your freinds. :smile:
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Probably because the same question get asked over and over and over.....oh and most of the time the newbies do not like the answers LOL.
    I can probably answer 75% of the questions using 4 standard answers

-Eat more
    -You can't spot reduce
    -Yes TOM will make you retain water
    -Nobody is sabotaging you. It's your journey and others do not have to change their habits because you are on a diet
  • GRAMFLYER
    GRAMFLYER Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Ok. I'm really, really struggling with getting into good habits. I have asked one question where I got a couple of responses that were kind of mean. Then, I read where someone was asking a similar question and she got a similar, not so nice response. People, we are doing our best to make lifestyle changes. If you are on this board, you've probably been in our place a time or two. Please be nice. It makes me want to give up when people are mean.:ohwell:
  • maserati185
    maserati185 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Don't let ANYBODY (particularly the jerks) stop you. You're stronger than that. Keep fighting for what you want.
  • GRAMFLYER
    GRAMFLYER Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    oh no don't give up ! we're all in this for the same reason - to lose the wt and live healthier - it's like getting into debt, it doesn't take long to get there .... It sure takes much much longer to get out of it!

I just started this and was actually so excited to cut down on the unnecessary foods .... then I got on the scale and found that I gained 2#. yikes ! hopefully muscle from exercising ... ? or not ... so I will cut down on my portion or certain food that caused it.

I've found that this is a great way to see where we're going wrong on the foods we choose - because it's all on " one page " like a spread sheet of debt.
    Same principle - we're writing everything down on here and can see - wow - I spent that (ate that) ... so then there's always a new day to do better !
    we're human - and by God's grace, we'll succeed - keep trying !
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    While none of us agree with each others opinions 100% of the time we are all here to help each other and not judge one another. That is what this support is all about. I suggest ignoring the jerks and take the positives from the inspirational/motivational types here. They have made a world of difference on my journey.
  • groovyreba
    groovyreba Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Don't be surprised to get a friend request from me at some point. You've all been very positive. Have a great day!:smile: