UK&Ireland's Biggest Loser, the final is tonight!

Options
MaggiePuccini
MaggiePuccini Posts: 248 Member
I'm quite excited. I really enjoyed the show. Can't wait to see who gets the cash. As well as being a weight loss journey it reminded me of big brother, the way some of the contestants were being machiavellian in their tactics, forming alliances and pledging not to vote each other out no matter what.

I'd like to see Amy Mac finally have a big loss and win it. Every single week she's had quite small losses, despite working hard and not being a shirker (like some, ey gerard!) but she's a good team player, rose above all the plotting that was going on behind her back, and she had to go in there without her Dad when he wasn't fit enough to take part.

Replies

• AislingRA
    Options
    Oh cool. The Irish fella who was kicked out ages ago goes to the same gym as me. He has lost loads of weight.
  • MaggiePuccini
    Options
    No way? he's from Limerick isn't he? is still on track then? Is he like a minor league sleb in your gym?? ;-) I really hope he keeps going with the weight loss. I thought he was a bit of a whinger. He always looks like he's just been given really bad news. But maybe that's just his face! Can't blame him for that. He did look good when they cut his hair and decked him out in new clothes.
  • LauraSmyth28
    LauraSmyth28 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I'd like to see Paula win and dump Gerard straight away after ;)
  • MaggiePuccini
    Options
    Oh no, ignore me, I've just remembered that there was briefly another Irish guy called Damo.

Glad to hear he's kept going with the weight loss on his own.
  • jankleberry
    Options
    I saw something on twitter saying its not on as its the brits? I dont know...
  • Lauracork2005
    Lauracork2005 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    What channel? The BRIT Awards are on?
  • jankleberry
    Options
    yep just checked. its the brit awards tonight instead. ITV1
  • MaggiePuccini
    Options
    I'd like to see Paula win and dump Gerard straight away after ;)

I've a feeling he's the one who has just received a bigger burst of confidence. i think it will make him make some bad decisions, partly cos he's young, and younger than her (5 or 6 years?). Even though I think she's a nicer person, her weight loss has seemed slower than his. Call me psychic, but I can see him finishing it with HER and then regretting it when he realises too late she has been a real emotional support to him. I hope he doesn't fall off the wagon. She is slow and steady and faces challenges with a bit more enthusiasm than he does. ALTHOUGH, i would love if my gut feeling is wrong there. Would love to hear that they stay together, both thin!!
  • MaggiePuccini
    Options

Oh right, I'm only presuming it's on. Cos it usually is. I've just checked the paper and IT'S NOT ON. some wretched football match is on instead. :-( :-( The UEFA champions league. Oh I am so upset!!
  • LauraSmyth28
    Options

It's still on the usual channel (TV3) in Ireland though. At least....I think it is.
  • LauraSmyth28
    Options

Oh right, I'm only presuming it's on. Cos it usually is. I've just checked the paper and IT'S NOT ON. some wretched football match is on instead. :-( :-( The UEFA champions league. Oh I am so upset!!

Grrr stoopid football!!

Shameless still on though. That's my Tuesday night happiness.
  • jankleberry
    Options
    Was so confused there. Its being replaced by the Brit Awards in the UK so that must be why football is on in Ireland instead.
  • MaggiePuccini
    Options
    Still, it gives them another two weeks to really go for it with the weight loss.
  • LauraSmyth28
    Options
    Does it though? Is it 'live' like....as in it's aired the week it's recorded?

I prefer Biggest Loser US anyway. The losses on the UK & Ireland one are pitiful in comparison. I like to see people losing 17lbs a week.

I also hate Davina. The final of Operation Transformation is tomorrow though Maggie, there's something to look forward to!
  • MaggiePuccini
    Options
    I only get the irish channels tringle. I'm too mean and too technologically (*&^%$£ dumb to get the UK channels. My brother and my cousin have told me what I need to do to get the uk channels about forty times and my head just glazes over. why is it not simple any more!? i sound like my mum now but in my day you just got the tv and switched it on. now it's all this box or the other box, or a dodgy box, or a box your mate's brother's uncle told you not to mention you had! even my parents have figured it out theough. they have all the channels! they are recording upstairs downstairs for me.

the tv guide only teases me now. I pick it up and see what's on bbc or channel 4. and then i watch some crap on tv3. i have been reduced to watching home decor programmes in IRISH on occassion (better than I thought though tbh, you get used to the subtitles). Nobody with 50 channels watches tg ceathair though do they1?

If my dad or my brother asks me what I want for my birthday i'm going to say a tv that gets ALL the channels and come and connect it all up for me.

this is what i hate about being single!!! I can assemble ikea furniture and change lightbulbs and take out the rubbish and fix most things, and do maths homework!. but technology!? I don't know how to put pictures on fb or transfer pictures from my phone to my lap top. Am I a bit thick? why can i nto do it. i have been shown.
  • LauraSmyth28
    Options
    I'm no good at technology either. But can you not watch some shows online anyway?

I don't know what the deal is with the new freeview tvs....don't know what channels you get or anything.

Sure tv3 show most decent things anyway. The only channel I'd miss is channel 4, and there's channel 4 OD online. Sorted.

Anyway.....operation transformation tonight! I can't see that blonde girl meeting her target, she seems very lazy and makes up excuses for everything.

Also did you notice her partner is supposed to live "down the road". Lol, I'd say he does alright!!
  • MaggiePuccini
    Options
    Tringle, I only have a dongle here so I can't watch anything on player unfortunately. a pain alright!! when I lived with my parents i merrily used their internet connection, watched their skyetc... used their hot water, drank their wine.....!! times are tuffer now chuck!
  • MaggiePuccini
    Options
    ps @ tringle, I thought the same. another couple giving lone parents a bad name. The exact same thing must have occurred to everybody. It even said he did all the cooking! but lives down the road??? yeah right. I wouldn't be surprised if she gets a review. And I wouldn't have much sympathy. genuine lone parents are stigmatised for being scroungers because of couples defrauding the state. so, the best of luck to her with her weight loss, and her relationship, she's lucky he seems a nice guy but for god's sake!!! you're NOT single love.
  • LauraSmyth28
    Options
    I have a dongle too....the signal is strong enough to watch SOME things. It's hit and miss really.

Yeah she rightly caught herself out, and it really bugs the crap out of me. My bff said exactly the same thing the day after the first episode aired.

I really like the Cork girl with the black hair. She's great. And she gave up the *kitten*. Fair play to her.