What is your Vacation Style?

Options
2»

Replies

• DL121004
    DL121004 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    If just camping the bikes come too. But cycle touring this year too - whole family doing Loire Velo

I Googled the Loire Velo -- that looks interesting -- I've bookmarked it for future reference. Thanks!
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    I would travel, travel, travel. Anywhere in the world would be great. I like activity and relaxation. I just want to experience different cultures and countries. I love shopping in New York City but also love fishing, hiking and camping in Colorado. The world has so much to offer.
  • dubw
    dubw Posts: 429
    Options
    Usually, on vacation I like to relax - Isla Verde in Puerto Rico offers a great escape from the tourist crowds, with little effort one can find a quiet section of beach.
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I like it all.... I like relaxing at all inclusives but get bored so need activity too - like ziplining or snorkling. We've done an organized tour in Romania which was super fun - but the people made it great, I like 5 star hotels and Las Vegas but I also like good ole camping in a tent and hiking. I pretty much am up for anything, though I do get bored laying on a beach the entire time... I need things to do. I just love traveling in general.
  • FutureMrsStarns
    Options
    Roadtrips around America/Canada! This year we are landing in Vancouver and driving to Calgary, then a flight from Calgary to Maine where we will do the East Coast. My favourite so far has been Route 66 and the Pacific Coast Highway! :)
  • brassringfarm
    Options
    I love to scuba dive and would do it every day if I lived someplace warm/clear enough. :) Weird thing is that i am not a big beach or swim in the ocean guy, but that can be used as bait to convince the wife and kids to go places with me. :D
  • trolkeeper
    trolkeeper Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I live for the beach, any beach
  • trolkeeper
    trolkeeper Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I live for the beach, any beach

on the balcony now listening to the waves :)
  • rsdgirl
    rsdgirl Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm going to Thailand in May for 13 weeks to train Muay Thai.

oh my gosh, im so freaking jealous!!! have fun :)
  • jthomps85
    Options
    Call me nerdy, but I'd rather go to a museum and see some historic buildings than sit on the beach. For me, there is nothing better than climbing a million stairs to get to the top of a beautiful church and look out over the town. (Especially if you are in France)
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    A cottage in the woods with a lake as my view.....we go to a different cottage in Northern Ontario every summer for a week. Fishing, canoeing and kayaking, swiming and hiking.
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I prefer anywhere tropical and hot, that is my ideal. Or even desert. I just want to sit and hang out on the beach all day long with some drinks and food accessible. Then after I get all tan I wanna go out. I'm pretty simple like that. Of course I like doing all the other touristy things like shop and hike and what not.
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I love going to different countries and exploring the history and culture. I love lying by the pool too to get a tan but most of the trip is spent exploring and on excursions.

Last one was Crete, before that Dubai, Hong Kong, Singapore, Tunisia, several places in Australia (helps that I loved there) and all over Europe.

Only ever flew East though, hoping to get some West flying done soon.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    80 degrees with an ocean, sun, palm trees, and sand, a margarita - and no kids!!
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I would love to do a bike tour! That sounds like so much fun.
    I like to do it all, but no matter where the destination is, I must be outside, enjoying nature and exploring the local sites. My favorite is to camp/hike and we already have 6 weeks of it scheduled for this summer. I even enjoy picking up trash at some of our fav. campsites and lakes. lol It's great exercise and it makes the scenery look much better! We also geocache. That's a great way to find really cool places that you didn't know exist.
    I have to admit that my fav. places were Maui and Aruba. Both beautiful.
  • tiffanyvc
    Options
    My husband and I disagree on vacation styles, which makes for interesting trips. I think we would agree, though, that we really love staying at Disney resorts. We honeymooned in Europe and spent a few days at Disneyland Paris, we've stayed at several Disney World resort hotels (we live in Orlando...how pathetic is that??) and we're tentatively going to Disneyland in CA this summer. We both love how much the resorts offer - great pools, great restaurants, boat rentals, parasailing, fun activities that you wouldn't even think Disney would have, and then take the free transportation to the parks! We have annual passes, so even the parks are free! Our favorite resort is the Wilderness Lodge, and I just LOVE going over to Fort Wilderness for the Sing-Along and S'more roasting, and the movie on the beach is such a fun idea!

So my favorite vacation style? Disney. :)
  • happyjoyousfree1
    happyjoyousfree1 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    lake house in the summer, I cruise in the spring, Mexico in the fall!
    Scuba anywhere I can..
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I like a little bit of both.. I want to be active and do sporty type of activities such as zip lining and then later on have a massage on the beach. :bigsmile:
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I have three styles:

1) Beach, relax, drinks, mix in some sand volleyball if I can find a game.

2) Adventure, hike, rappel, raft, jetski, bungee, kayak, snorkle, etc.

3) Explore, new city, tour, museum, walk, eat, live music.