Has anyone tried a Fitbit???

Options
Just curious if anyone has tried a Fitbit and if you like it? Looks really cool but $100 is a lot to spend on something if it doesnt work like it says it will.

Thanks for you input!

Replies

• smpaselk
    smpaselk Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    not tried it yet, but it should be at my door tomorrow. from some people who have it i hear its a great way to see how much movement you actually do (accountability) and help you stay motivated. bet your best number of steps. Im sure ill post about it after i have tried it out.
  • WingMan380
    WingMan380 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I was considering the fitbit but ended up ordering a heart rate monitor instead.
    Reading the reviews/opinions on the fitbit on here was sorta split down the middle, either they loved it or hated it.
    My research on the fitbit here and other places have yielded that it is a fancy pedometer.
    A heart rate monitor (with chest strap) will give you a more accurate reading of your heart rate and calorie burn.
    Just My Opinion
  • mywise
    mywise Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    used mine a week. yes it does count how active you are by your steps... but i do strenuous work where i stand in one place moving 2-5 pd chunks of metal(forging) handling them 3 xs each (1500 to 2000+ pcs a day) that is a workout and it is not registered on my fitbit.... wished I would have purchased a newer heart rate monitor. unless you walk a lot... I personally think its a waste of money. I will probably be selling it on ebay LOL
  • MollyRedinger
    MollyRedinger Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    thank you so far for every ones input! Looks like I will hold off for now. I did like the idea that it will sync with MFP.......
  • WingMan380
    WingMan380 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I did like the idea that it will sync with MFP.......

Yeah, that was one reason I was looking at at first, but then again, it is easy to punch in your data in MFP as well.