calories vs nutrition

Options
I have been counting calories for a while now. I have noticed that sometimes i would have to have lesser portions thus lesser calories, for the nutrition part to not turn RED. Im a little confused, what is more important, the amount of calories you eat per day or the balanced nutrition?

Replies

• Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I think they are equal. Calories for energy, nutrition for health.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Calories are what matter for weight loss.

If you want to get the correct nutritional breakdown, you would need to eat different food, not less food. Also, stop obsessing over RED. Who told you that red is bad and green is good? If you haven't eaten enough vitamin C for instance, it will be green. That doesn't mean that's a good thing. Red means one thing only: a negative number.
  • RedHeadChick
    RedHeadChick Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I think counting your calories is a good thing in the beginning. It def will help you figure out your portions and what types of foods are going to be more healthy choices. Once you get a hang of your calorie in take, I honestly don't think you keep such a close eye on the calorie number. It will come down to what you are choosing to eat. But for now use the couter to your benefit, learning tool.

If you are worried about the colors changing, don't. Just be close to your ideal caloric in take.

If you want a list of CLEAN foods to eat google Michi's ladder.