The only thing light about me is my sense of humor

Options
Ok so here we go.I am a woman that has an eating problem. I freaking love food. I am 28. And BIG. The biggest I have ever been was 309. And now I am at 282. But I was down to 270 a few weeks ago but blew it. But back again and I wanna be more involved in the community. Because I think that helps a ton. I joke. A LOT. So yup. That's me. I would like to weigh 165 when this is all said and done but will be reviewing that when I get there.

I have a few goals I wanna reach:

1. 260 - That number has not been on my scale since 2005. That's a long time.
2. 220 - Ok that would be just amazing because that would mean college, yes!!
3. 199 - Have a heart attack!! (haha) That would be sweeeeeet.
4. 165. Because I was at 165 when I worked out a lot and was in a size 4-6 and was very happy with how I looked. Well at least now I am. Back then I thought I was fat. Don't you hate that?! Ugh.

Why do I wanna do this? I want another child without my health being at risk again. I had pre-eclampsia, high blood pressure, and all sorts of complications. Plus time is not on my side. I am getting older. This time, I wanna do it right. And secondly, I want to watch my son grow old. I want to not embarrass him when he is older. I want him to be proud of me. I want my husband to be proud of me. I want to feel good. I want my body not to ache. I want my back, knees and hips not to hurt. I just wanna feel my age. I wanna be active and not worry about the weight limit on the elevator or look at the stairs and think, "Good God. That's, like, one flight too many". I want to easily strap my seat belt. I want to fly without worrying about the passenger next to me. I want to get in a bathing suit. I want to take a picture with my son that is a full body picture. I want to LIVE.

Ok that is a crap ton of reasons. Sorry to bombard you. Oh, and one more, I wanna be hawt.

Replies

• drema2370
    Options
    I would like most of those things as well. Welcome back! I too decided to join in the forums as there seems to be a lot of support here. I think actually being involved will hold me somewhat accountable for my actions. So far I am 19 pounds down, 14 of which I lost before joining MFP. I hope to get down under 200, that is my goal. I will figure the rest out as I go but for right now my goal is to be under 200. Good Luck by the way, together we can all reach our goals.
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Patty... you ARE funny... but you sound serious about this too, and that's good.

You crack me up calling 28 old though! I think if you get this under control you're going to find that you feel younger in your thirties than you do now (check out realage.com and play with the variables to see how changing your lifestyle can change your "real" age).

I'm with you... I freaking love food. Bacon or chocolate can make everything better IMO, but that gets me into trouble so I try to keep them to a minimum. I've got a serious history of obesity in my family, so I've always been on guard about gaining weight, but over the past few years, I've been letting the pounds sneak up on me gradually, so here I am trying to fight them off.

I'm glad your son and your husband are an inspiration for you, but I'm also really glad to hear that a lot of your goals are about you too. I hear talk to and read from a lot of people whose motivations are purely external, and that just doesn't work so well.

Feel free to friend me if you're looking to expand your circle!
    Good luck :-)
    Jen
  • brendaj39
    brendaj39 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    you sound alot like me, and this does seem to help you be accountable...good luck!:smile:

your attitude is a big plus! love it...
  • phattiepatty
    phattiepatty Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I always have struggled with weight. And I always envisioned that I could like open my belly button and deflate myself. Sucks that I can't. But, I'm gonna try!!!!!!
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    You have just completed the first hurdle! Being honest with yourself and others and a great attitude is often the hardest thing to overcome!
  • phattiepatty
    phattiepatty Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! As I sit here at work, obviously working, and eating my fruit (yeah. This is a change) I can't help but think "What are we all gonna be like in a month, in six? or in a Year?" We all better be closer to our goals. This is a pact guys! A freaking pact!!!

I am so super pumped!
  • rsidebo
    Options
    Everything you said! You put into words everything I feel. You go girl! You can do it! This I say to myself, too!
  • fabulousby45
    Options
    Good luck on your journey!! Just keep on keeping on and always log what you eat and exercise. I've had 2 kids, stopped drinking Dr. Pepper's, and started exercising and I feel great. Just went down 2 sizes in my jeans, so I bought me some new boots to celebrate! I no longer celebrate with food. Feel free to add me and we can motivate each other!!

Sonya
  • MichelleV1990
    MichelleV1990 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    First off, you're not too old to have another baby. I was 41 when I had my third child, and he turned out perfect. Am I having a harder time bouncing back from his birth? Well, let me just say that I'm 50 and have 50 lbs more to go. I was watching Dr. Oz yesterday, and he was talking about natural metabolism boosters and appetite suppressants. So glad I turned the t.v. on! 7 Keto is a metabolism booster, Forskolin is from the mint family, and helps burn fat; caraway seeds fight bloating, and aid with digestion; Relora is a stress reducer, and helps block cortisol. Last but not least, Satiereal Saffron Extract is an appetite suppressant. I think I'll be checking into these herbal assistants!

Also, if you need to broaden your support system, I'd be happy to be your friend...we're all in this together! :wink:
  • Jessie_Dawn
    Options
    Love it! :smile:

I am BIG (Bigger than you :embarassed: ), 30 years old, have 2 kids and all the problems through pregnancy you had... and I too don't want to be an embarassment to my kids... (P.s. I wanna be the "hot mom" hehehe)

You and I seem to have a few things in common... and you are funny!! :laugh:

Good luck to you and feel free to add me as a friend if you would like!! :smile:
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Testify sister! Testify!
  • ncole3
    ncole3 Posts: 164
    Options
    You are too funny! You will do great....just take it one day at a time. If you call yourself old in any situation or circumstance again....I'll will (well you don't wanna know that...it won't be good) You ARE NOT TOO OLD to do anything you want, including having a baby! We are here to support you every step of the way.