Survey: What day do you weigh yourself on MFP?

Options
I think I need to change my weigh in day, I do it once a week Wednesday AM

Replies

• TonyL68
    TonyL68 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    The best answer IMO is whatever works best for you.

I've only been doing MFP for about 20 days. At first, I set Friday as my weigh in, but quickly realized that once a week was not enough. I added Tuesday because that's the day I started MFP.

Recently I've been weighing in every day. I find it keeps me on track and accountable. Also, I caught myself going up which forced me to review my diary. In doing so, I found that I netted too few calories after exercise, and it made me more diligent about "eating back" my exercise calories. That got the scale moving down steadily again.

So, every day works for me. If the scale goes up, I don't get in a twist about it - I just analyze my prior days and adjust. Once I am into a better routine, I may scale it back. (pun intended) :wink:
  • niknak0508
    niknak0508 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Everyone has a different opinion on this subject. Me personally, I tend to weigh in everyday, but only count the # on the scale on Sat morning or Sunday. There are times that I weigh and count it daily, that normally happens when I feel like I am slipping away from my routine and need a little extra push! But it is recommended once a week.
  • kellykat2
    kellykat2 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Sunday mornings. I don't weigh everyday because my weight fluctuates.
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I step on the scale several times a week but only track every Wednesday. I like wednesday because it gives me a day or two if my weekend is out of wack :)
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Sunday mornings. I don't weigh everyday because my weight fluctuates.

Me too and sometimes I just weigh every two weeks.
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself on Mondays, but I'm starting to think that's a bad day for me. Even though I stay within my calorie intake, I eat out more over the weekend; food which has more sodium in it. So, I have water weight on Mondays. I'm thinking of moving to Wednesdays...
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Everyday:embarassed: :laugh:
  • tinalatina
    tinalatina Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Me my girlfriend actually just decided that we are throwing the weighin day out the window and instead we are going to weigh in everyday as normal and if we lose or drop pounds as long as it sticks for more than a few days we logg it! Let pressue that way plus we always step on the scale everyday.
  • mmiiaa
    mmiiaa Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every Monday so that I'm not too tempted to mess up during weekends since I won't have time to work it off.

I used to weigh myself on Fridays for the exact opposite reason.
  • dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options
    I weigh myself multiple times everyday but only record my initial weigh-ins for the day.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Every day. Only log the new lows.
  • CheleLynn44
    CheleLynn44 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I weigh in Thursday mornings and record on that day. I do get on the scale a few times during the week just so I know how I'm doing!!
  • juicy011
    juicy011 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    In doing so, I found that I netted too few calories after exercise, and it made me more diligent about "eating back" my exercise calories. That got the scale moving down steadily again.

I was reviewing responses and wanted to know what you meant here. I usually exercise in the evening before dinner, is that a good idea or no?
  • juicy011
    juicy011 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    oops nevermind my question... I'm new here, didn't mean to hijack the thread =)
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I weigh in daily (actually twice a day but I only really pay attention to the morning number). Anytime I have a loss from the lowest recorded on MFP I enter it. If I have a gain that sticks around longer than a week I update it. That way daily fluctuations don't drive me crazy but I have that constant motivation to do better or confidence boost of dropping weight.

I recently started Spike dieting (where you eat at or below BMR 6 days a week and twice your BMR on your spike day) and for that I weigh in and will be recording it on the group weigh in thread on Sunday mornings (my spike day).
  • Mel2626
    Mel2626 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Me my girlfriend actually just decided that we are throwing the weighin day out the window and instead we are going to weigh in everyday as normal and if we lose or drop pounds as long as it sticks for more than a few days we logg it! Let pressue that way plus we always step on the scale everyday.

That's exactly what I do and it seems to be working pretty well! I could never log partial lbs like some people because my weight fluctuates so much day to day (even hour to hour lol). So when I get down a full lb and I'm there for a few days, only then do I feel comfortable enough proclaiming my new weight. :) Right now I'm at 183.2 but I wont change my weigh-in # to 183 until I'm under 183 for a few days in a row.
    Best of luck! :smile: :smile:
  • JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Monday am
  • MumMumOfMany
    MumMumOfMany Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    i weigh in on fridays .... as weekends i allow as my guilty days lol x
  • thatlook
    thatlook Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    i weigh everyday to keep an eye on where im going with the week but my 'weigh to log' day is saturday, as that was the day of the week i stepped on my scales and the didnt read 'ERR' lol i dont understand people that weigh and log everyday to log 0.1lb surely its more satisfying to only log once a week :D

11795304.png
  • boston6
    boston6 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    everyday