Anybody read "Made to crave"???

Options
Hi there ya'll....kinda new around here...I just recently over hauled my view of my weight struggles due in part to reading a book called "Made to crave" ...it is from a Christian perspective and that's all I will say since I know religion is a no no on these forums...still I would like to hear from those who have read the book. I thought it would be interesting to hear how the book helped or if not what you didn't like,....my personal story dealing with this issue is in my profile if you are interested. Anyhow, thanks for reading..also if you are in need of an encouraging buddy feel free to add me I am always looking for new pals =)

May your day be blessed!
Faith

Replies

• lauryn86
    lauryn86 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I haveread some of i!! Its really good!!! I need to read the rest though! how did you likeit?
  • kmganz
    kmganz Posts: 16
    Options
    My friends and I read it last year as a group study. It was great to look past the outer issues and recognize the inner struggles that cause us to neglect our bodies or, worse, indulge in unhealthy eating practices. It's been a year since we did it, so it's something that I would probably benefit from reviewing as a reminder of what's truly important and why it is we make the daily sacrifices of healthy living.

Good luck on your journey!
  • freeindeed33
    Options
    Km- Hey there!! Wow I bet it would be so cool in a small group setting!! I have read the book twice now just because the first time I was looking for THE answer..after realizing that it came in the form of our Creator and not a magic book or pill or diet the flip was switched in my brain and I KNOW I am not the same person I was a little over a month ago!! Thank you for replying and I wish you all the best blessings on your journey as well! =)
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I would love to read it. Going to look it up at the library.
  • bridgetn85
    bridgetn85 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I just got it recently and your post just reminded me that I need to get reading it. What did you like about the book? did you find it helpful in your journey?
  • LisaKunz
    LisaKunz Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Love this book; going through it now with a few other women. It's life-changing for me. Food is truly an addiction for me, and this book is finally changing the way I think.

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]9828308.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • kmganz
    Options
    Lysa Turkuerst, the author, also does webcasts (there was one last night) and has a blog. You can check it all out at http://lysaterkeurst.com.
  • kmganz
    Options
    Km- Hey there!! Wow I bet it would be so cool in a small group setting!! I have read the book twice now just because the first time I was looking for THE answer..after realizing that it came in the form of our Creator and not a magic book or pill or diet the flip was switched in my brain and I KNOW I am not the same person I was a little over a month ago!! Thank you for replying and I wish you all the best blessings on your journey as well! =)

The group setting was great - as with most small groups, some got more out of it than others, but I think everyone appreciated the sentiment of the book. Unfortunately, not everyone was ready to accept it or take the steps necessary to live the lifestyle that goes along with it (yet...!).

I also just noticed your profile pic is my life verse - LOVE it!! Keep trusting in Him and you will continue to see amazing changes in yourself - both inside and out! God bless! :)
  • keeks8281
    Options
    I have been wondering about this book too. It sounds like exactly what I need! I so often turn to food to satisfy longings or help deal with emotions, but I know I should be looking to my Creator. I'm going to have to check it out!!
  • freeindeed33
    Options
    Oh my goodness! I just typed out a book in reply to ya'lls messages and my three year old erased it! lol oh well here we go again!

To answer you Bridget- The book was very helpful once I actually started using it the way it was intended. I picked up the book at a really low place in my life..it was right after new years and I REALLY wanted to get this weight off instead I kept gaining. So when I first got the book I decided to read it cover to cover in a short amount of time to get to the part where the book could "fix" me. So I read all the way through to chapter four NOT doing the questions at the end of the chapters thinking " I don't REALLY have to get a pen and paper out...I KNOW I am messed up" !! But I felt a strong pull in my spirit to start the book over and do the questions at the end of each chapter. Once I started I could not believe all the junk that surfaced! I filled almost an entire notebook with my repressed thoughts and feelings. And as the stuff poured out I was able to get real with God about my need.
    I will be posting a blog about exactly how I implemented the suggestions in the book soon if you want more details but for now to make a long story short yes it helped lol!

Lisa- I know how you feel..I get teary eyed about this just because it is really SUCH a big deal to be able to shed emotional weight along with physical weight!! I am so happy for you! Your doing great! and I am so very glad to *meet* you! =)

Keeks- I would say you are on the right path and the book would probably help but the greatest help and gift you can give yourself is go into determined to do the "homework" ask the hard questions and no matter what you find there commit it our loving Father, let me know how it goes!

Kmg- lol funny thing about this book! I have been trying to get it for a year! One thing or another always kept coming up that prevented me from buying the book as I look back now I know it was because I had to get to the place where I could admit that I NEEDED help and that help had to come from the Lord..its a long story but the book literally fell into my lap exactly when I needed it most ..so I can understand what you meant about being ready to make the changes! It is an overhaul..but I am so happy to be going through it with my eyes open this time! Take care girl! =)