My 52 lb journey!

Options
Hi! I'm Kerri and I'm new to this site.
My New Year's resolution for 2012 was to lose 52 lbs, 1 lb for every week. I feel behind at first, so I'm just getting started with this right now. I started at 240.6 lbs, and I now weigh 238.8 lbs.
I am looking for friends who might have similar goals, or anyone who just needs a pal to get them through their weight loss!

Replies

• Notfatand30
    Notfatand30 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm aiming for the same amount!!! I started at 216, went down to 185, then over Christmas back up to 195, I'm now at 186 after putting a lb on last week :blushing:
  • emilyhawarah
    Options
    I started at 240 and am down to 221... wanting to be at 200 by the end of April. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I started at 244 and am down to 182. I’ve got 38 left to lose in 2012. Feel free to toss me an add.
  • maxybaby8
    Options
    : hi i am trying to lose about 35lb by july and also new to this site so far so good weighing in on friday we will see then how good i have done so if you want we will help each other along
  • kriggs1976
    Options
    It is never to late to start...Add me if you like
  • queensassypants
    Options
    Good luck! A pound a week is my goal too. I started the year at 187, with the goal to get to 155 by July. So far since January 1st I am down 7 lbs. It hasn't been all that bad - turning it into simple math has been so helpful for me. Meet the calorie goal, lose the pound - much easier than guessing all the time, self pity, and beating myself up over it.
  • NikMosch
    NikMosch Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, too! I am shooting to be at my goal weight by the end of the year! Started at 210, have lost 17, and want to wind-up at around 145-150.
  • kmganz
    kmganz Posts: 16
    Options
    Hey I'm aiming for the same amount!!! I started at 216, went down to 185, then over Christmas back up to 195, I'm now at 186 after putting a lb on last week :blushing:

I think we're twins... :)
  • witrixie2011
    Options
    Started my journey about 4 months ago and am down 18 pounds as of today! Would love to loose another 26 before my birthday in October.

Feel free to look at my profile and add me if you want. :)
  • twinmom430
    twinmom430 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'm looking to lose another 60+ lbs!! I started about 6 weeks ago and have lost 20 lbs!!
  • charliesmagic
    Options
    I am in the same boat with you ladies. I started back in 2009 (before MFP) at 233 and lost about 70 pounds using Quick Weightloss Centers. Since then I have gone up and down (a low as 168 at one point and as high as 189), but I feel more focused this year. I have set a goal for myself to be at my goal weight by my birthday in November, if not before. I am now at 179 pounds after succumbing to Valentine's Day chocolate and those blasted Girl Scout cookies. Feel free to add me as a friend. Perhaps we can be motivated by being accountable to one another. Good luck to you guys!!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

8197362.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • ushkii
    ushkii Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I love this idea and have started, there is a group, 2012 Challenge to lose 52lbs. It is slow but it is a group. Maybe you guys could spice it up.

Good luck and I will push on. It is a great goal.
  • brookiewins
    Options
    I am just starting out myself, at 220, and have about 85 to go (if my doctor has her way - I'll do a dance for 65!). Would love to have a friend along the way.
  • lcoulter417
    Options
    Hi! I'm Kerri and I'm new to this site.
    My New Year's resolution for 2012 was to lose 52 lbs, 1 lb for every week. I feel behind at first, so I'm just getting started with this right now. I started at 240.6 lbs, and I now weigh 238.8 lbs.
    I am looking for friends who might have similar goals, or anyone who just needs a pal to get them through their weight loss!

That is my goal too is to lose 52 lbs!!! Feel free to add me anyone that needs or looking for support :)