What is the best bathroom scale?

Need a new one- I think mine is losing accuracy. Thanks!

Replies

• jkleeh
    jkleeh Posts: 108 Member
    I would love to see some reccomendations too. I have a digital one that I think just holds a weight and won't change lmao, and then a regular scale that no matter where I put it in the house will say I weight 20 pounds more!
  • Unfortunately, I am in the SAME boat...I have an OLD/CHEAP scale with the needle. I would like a digital one, but dont know where to find one, or what kind I should get lol. THANKS!!
  • 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,432 Member
    Same here... will be interesting to see comments. My biggest loser scale was working o.k. but lately it is a different weight by several pounds any time I step on it (I can step three times in a row and get a very different answer):grumble: . I don't know if it is just a new battery issue or if I need a whole new scale.
  • GameBoiye
    GameBoiye Posts: 15 Member
    I recently looked into this and the best one I could find was the Eatsmart Precision Plus:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0032TNPOE/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details

It's a very good scale, looks really nice too. It has a larger footprint than most scales so it does take up a little more room, but it makes it easier to stand on. It also goes to a higher weight than other scales if you're up there like I was.

There are other models from the same company that aren't as large though if you want a smaller one.
  • Sexyf28
    Sexyf28 Posts: 47 Member
    I recently bought A Biggest Loser scale. It says Biggest Loser on the box. I don't know how else to describe it. It's VERY accurate and it's digital. And It weighs over 400 pounds which is good. Feels sturdy. I think it's great and it wasn't UBER expensive. I think we got it at Walmart.
  • Calipalm
    Calipalm Posts: 114 Member
    I recently looked into this and the best one I could find was the Eatsmart Precision Plus:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0032TNPOE/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details

It's a very good scale, looks really nice too. It has a larger footprint than most scales so it does take up a little more room, but it makes it easier to stand on. It also goes to a higher weight than other scales if you're up there like I was.

There are other models from the same company that aren't as large though if you want a smaller one.

I just saw someone else recommend this same scale! :) I too am looking for something accurate! :)
  • alabughosh
    alabughosh Posts: 132 Member
    I have a Taylor digital scale. I like it and it is pretty accurate.
  • I'm looking for a scale, too! I have a cheaper digital scale, and it keeps giving me a different number each time I step on it. Even with new batteries. It's REALLY annoying!

Also, do the scales that are supposed to measure body fat and water actually work? I've never had a scale that does that, and I'm curious...
  • I got a "Beurer" scale at Bed, Bath & Beyond for forty bucks that tells you a) your weight b) your body fat percentage c) your water percentage and d) your muscle mass percentage.
    You plug in your age & height and it has an entire booklet about what your "healthy range" should be.
    I also am a huge fan of it because it says I weigh about 5 pounds less than my old scale does, HA.
    :)
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 2,951 Member
    i found it to be accurate. i wasn't sure when i was getting a new one and decided to avoid the one with the body %, etc but when i was at walmart the other day they had about 5 different ones, from as little as 20-40 bucks. I stepped on each of them, they were all the same reading! I actually like the body % one and wish i would of got it. I went online to get my body fat % and it was the same. so i know it's accurate as cam be. on my scale i always step on it 3 times to get a consistent reading. i leave it in the same place on the floor and always weight myself 1st thing after i wake up. my scale that i ended up getting was at a clearance store and was 10 bucks.
  • stmand92
    stmand92 Posts: 5 Member
    The weight watchers scale measures pounds, water, fat and calories. I've had the same digital scale for years and it is pretty accurate
  • SibylDiane
    SibylDiane Posts: 177 Member
    I also have an EatSmart scale. I love it! It is highly accurate and you don't need to tap it on. Very reasonably priced IMO.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0032TNPOE/ref=wms_ohs_product
    They make terrific food scales too, this is the one I have:
    http://www.amazon.com/EatSmart-Precision-Digital-Kitchen-Silver/dp/B001N07KUE/ref=pd_sim_hpc_3
    No I am not an EatSmart employee/paid representative etc. :smile:
  • You can get a digi scale just about anywhere... walmart, target.. etc. I bought a sunbeam digi scale from walmart for 14.99. Took it home and put a 10lb dumbbell on it and it read exactly 10lbs.

You don't have to order some fancy super expensive name brand scale from some website.
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    The weight watchers scale measures pounds, water, fat and calories. I've had the same digital scale for years and it is pretty accurate

Worst scale in the history of all scales.

WHY?
  • florymonde
    florymonde Posts: 261 Member
    You can get a digi scale just about anywhere... walmart, target.. etc. I bought a sunbeam digi scale from walmart for 14.99. Took it home and put a 10lb dumbbell on it and it read exactly 10lbs.

You don't have to order some fancy super expensive name brand scale from some website.

Unfortunately, being highly accurate at 10lbs. isn't going to help me much!

I've thought about going back to a scale with a needle. At least with a needle scale, if the needle is still moving, I know it hasn't taken an accurate reading yet. The digital scale just seems to latch on to a reading and keep it. We have two, and they both are highly variable; consistently varying 2 pounds between subsequent weighings (seconds apart, with the scale on a flat surface and not being moved). Occasionally, they'll vary as much as 5 pounds between subsequent weighings.

I know weight isn't the be-all and end-all, but it is a quick, easy measurement to take. (And I have difficulty getting consistent measurements with a measuring tape, too.)