Why do you want to be thin?

Options
So for the last 30 days i have been on a very strict diet and exercise program. I went from 155 to 139.2. I have been keeping a log everyday of positives reasons of Why i want to be thin. These are them...

1/23/2012- to fit into a pair of jeans again
1/24/2012- to feel confident in my own skin
1/25/2012- to wear all the clothes in my closet
1/26/2012- to have firm abs
1/27/2012- so i can dance with confidence again
1/28/2012- so i can wear clothes that i WANT to
1/29/2012- so that i can look on the outside, how i feel on the inside
1/30/2012- so i can shop in all the stores i want to
1/31/2012- so i can own an array of clothes
2/1/2012- so i can wear tanktops without muffin tops
2/2/2012- so i can jumprope without my whole body wiggling
2/3/2012- so i can wear Cabi Clothes
2/4/2012- to show myself i'm worth feeling beautiful
2/5/2012- so i can hear 'you look great' again
2/6/2012- so i can feel gorgeous again
2/7/2012- so i can look in the mirror and be proud
2/8/2012- to be confident around everyone
2/9/2012- so people stop judging me based on my weight
2/10/2012- so i never have to buy a LARGE again
2/11/2012- so i can be someone elses inspiration
2/12/2012- so i can get a tattoo on my side
2/13/2012- so i can run distances
2/14/2012- to be an inspiration to my sister
2/15/2012- so i can be a role model to my baby girl
2/16/2012- to be proud of the body i have
2/17/2012- so i can eat without always feeling guilty
2/18/2012- to give my husband his sexy wife bac
2/19/2012- so noone feels awkward making fat jokes around me anymore
2/20/2012- so my husband can never name my waddle again
2/21/2012- so i can say "I USED TO BE FAT"

Some of these are repetitive, i wrote them based on how i was feeling that day. But this has been super motivation for me, and i hope some other people are (or will start) writing reasons EVERYDAY why they want to be thin, it's nice to take a minute to think about why i would be happier being thin, and why that is my goal, and its a reminder EVERYDAY!

Have an awesome day!

Replies

• Osulindsay21
    Osulindsay21 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. I agree with so many of these!
  • elsinora
    elsinora Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    That's such a good idea and well done! I love reading those, as they are all the same as mine! I have two tattoos on both of my sides and it just doesn't look good when I am wider!
  • DL121004
    DL121004 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    That's a healthy list! :smile:

Honestly, what drove my weight loss was my primary activity of choice: cycling.

The extra weight isn't much of a liability on flat roads, but is a killer on climbing.
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    That is a really good idea! Good way to keep yourself going too! Mine is pretty vain. I just want to *feel* pretty when me and my Kurtis go out, and so I look good in a bathing suit. Sure, I wanna be healthy, but, mostly, I wanna be pretty.
  • grinch031
    grinch031 Posts: 1,679
    Options
    Because the perception that other people might find me more attractive in a thinner state increases my level of self confidence. Not that I was ever considered fat, but I have been fighting off weight gain for a couple years.
  • Alinat305
    Options
    To be able to wear all the clothes that I have in my closet (not just some) and to get ready for beach weather.
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Being thin is not my goal. I am too big framed for thin. Being in shape is my goal. Not having a belly is my goal. It helps the confidence and ego when one doesn't look like a sloth, which makes the dating world a lot easier to navigate.
  • I want to be thin, because I'm short and short people tend to carry extra weight badly. I have never been considered overweight, but I have never been the little short one, I've always been short and called athletic or muscular, which some people mean as chubby. I mostly just want to wear what I want to where and already own without having the desire deep down to cover myself up and hide my body from everyone. I want to just go out into the world and be myself and not b inhibited by my self consciousness.
  • harley47920
    harley47920 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I really don't want to be "thin". I want to be fit and not fat. :bigsmile:
  • danicamper
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this! My boyfriend, who is wonderful but not exactly the most supportive with my weight loss though he really tries, can't seem to understand why I want to loose weight because I am "beautiful the way I am". Many of the reasons you noted are reasons why I am trying to get in shape but did't realize it consciously! Love this!
  • Annette_rose
    Annette_rose Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I just feel better about myself when I am not carrying around extra weight. And....I like the "thinner people" clothes, lol.
  • beverlywu
    beverlywu Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    thanks - i'm going to start keeping a list like this! :)
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I want to be thin, but healthy and strong kinda thin:)
  • Its_My_Time
    Its_My_Time Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    For my health and to feel fit/strong :wink: And also to feel & look great, for ME!
  • epurucker82
    epurucker82 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Love this :wink:
  • julesbg81
    Options
    I agree with a lot of these - especially about wanting to fit all the nice clothes I have that are a smaller size! but also to look fit, healthy and sexy for my BF and not see myself as "heavy" in pictures anymore! thanks for sharing your motivation. :flowerforyou:
  • sugar66
    Options
    Mines easy, its not to be thin, or to be more attractive to my hubby as he loves me as i am, and i do fit in all the clothes in my wardrobe, mine is to not hurt when I walk, I have 2 slipped discs and am in constant pain, without the extra weight then hopefully the pains will ease and i will be able to come off some of my medication.
  • spraila
    Options
    That's a great idea! I just want to start liking my body and be healthy.
  • caustin112
    caustin112 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the idea! Just started my list.
  • dashav
    dashav Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I want to be strong! I would like to be thinner not thin. I have a larger frame and I LOVE MY CURVES!