Would You?

Options
Krizzle4Rizzle
Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
Would you be flattered if your SO got your name tattooed on their body?

I would be flattered
My boyfriend would not. He claims it's the kiss of death in relationships.

Replies

• La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    My EX husband has my name tattooed on his ring finger.. :laugh: He wanted me to get his on mine. :noway:

I was flattered and I loved it but I think I love it even more now because he's my ex... (he cheated).
  • VTXJOCKEY
    VTXJOCKEY Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I agree with BF
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Would you be flattered if your SO got your name tattooed on their body?

I would be flattered
    My boyfriend would not. He claims it's the kiss of death in relationships.

I agree with your boyfriend. In fact I had this conversation with my SO last night lol, we both agreed it's a death sentence.
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I would never do it....my ex husband also claimed was the kiss of death!
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    I would have to say no KK!

NEVER EVER get someones name tatted on you.....I wouldn't go along with the kiss of death for the relationship....but you can just never know what the future will hold for you, and I feel that tattoos are a personal thing, within oneself, they will be with me forever, while my SO may not be......
  • Jipples
    Jipples Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    If my wife wanted to get my name tattood on her, I'd try to talk her out of it.
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I don't think that I would be comfortable having my name on someone else's body. Personally, I don't think that I'd ever get a SO's name but I would definitely get something that reminds me of them or signifies our relationship. I have the title of a song by the HorrorPops on my shoulder. I didn't necessarily get it for my boyfriend but I got it to remind me of everything that I've learned from our relationship.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    No. I'd be a bit concerned... can they not remember my name without having it permanently written on their body???
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I would never put a guys' name or anything to symbolize him on my body and I would be royally irked if I guy put my name on his body. I don't know if it's the kiss of death but given how many relationships and marriages fail it just seems like a waste. You're gonna be paying for a cover-up or removal if things go bad.

Kids are about the only thing I think it's worth putting names on your body for. Maybe if you're memorializing somebody. I have things that represent my kids worked into multiple tattoos. My best friend and I have matching tattoos but never names.
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    No! It is the death of relationships, but if my husband wanted a little bee tattooed on him, that'd be fine.
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    My husband has stated that you only gets someone's name inked on you for a memorial.. not for someone that's still alive. However, neither one of us has a tattoo.
  • shawnp80134
    Options
    It is the kiss of death! I only have our kids names tattoo'd.. they will always be my kids!
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    I also vote no for husband/wife/partner/etc.

Kids I think are a different story.
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I agree its the kiss of death.. you never know what the future may hold...
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    No way. Tattoos are permenant - relationships are not.
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Personally, for my 10th wedding anniversary (in 2 years) I will be getting our initials and wedding date tattooed on me. IMO, its something that has been big in my life (I got married at 20 and am almost 28) and if something were to happen, then it will become a battle scar. I do have my kids names tattooed on me as well, which of course is normal lol.
  • zincalloy
    Options
    I have my wife's name tattooed on me. It's a nice tattoo. She's my wife, my girlfriend, my companion and best friend.

We will be together until the end of time, there's no question about that.

10 years married and I cannot for one moment imagine not being with her.

She has no tattoos and I'm pleased about that. I'm a bit old fashioned like that.

Love and laughter are the sustinance that give us life.
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    My husband and i have matching arm bands. His goes all the way around, mine does not. There is a 'jewel' of sorts that hangs in the center. Mine has a green stone (son's birthstone) and an "S" in the center. His has a blue stone (his fav color) and an A in the center. Neither of us wanted the plunge of a whole name... This way if it doesn't work out (as if) I can be "Super woman" and he can be "@sshole" :laugh: :laugh:
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I'd only do that if both people were like 60...Lol. My fiance & I said when we get way older we may get eachothers name somewhere.
  • sopherella
    Options
    My husband has stated that you only gets someone's name inked on you for a memorial.. not for someone that's still alive. However, neither one of us has a tattoo.

^ I agree 1,000% to this, but I am heavily tattooed. I think getting someone's name tattooed on you is reserved for mementos of the deceased.