Those that have completed the 30DS

Options
I know 30 Day Shred has given people AMAZING results... did any of you skip days and still see results? I did it last friday (4 days ago)... I was on day 10 of level 1. I had some family issues come up that kept me away... do you think I could maybe just go back to day 5 and start over? Would it still be effective? PLEASE HELP!!!

Replies

• stephm112
    stephm112 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Yep I had 2 days off here and there and it was more like 40day shred but I still lost about 8 inches and god knows how many lbs x
  • Nerdybookgirl
    Nerdybookgirl Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I am doing it 3-4 days a week. I alternate it with belly dancing and walking.
  • wwww1199
    wwww1199 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I was wondering that too. I'm starting it tonight.
  • lauehorn
    lauehorn Posts: 183
    Options
    That's what I did. I was through level 1 and had done a day of level 2 (so 11 or 12 days straight), but got sick. I backed up to the middle of level 1 and am continuing on from there. I've switched to every other day, however, not the 30 days straight that is so popular on MFP. I found that muscles need time to repair from lifting and that it's not always wise to do the same thing day after day as far as strength training is concerned, so instead I take a rest day for cardio in between each day of 30DS. I'll still do 10 days at each level over a period of 20 days each level. I am also repeating the workout or doing two levels back to back on days where I feel particularly energized and strong since I have my rest days built in. I'm increasing my weights as I go and maintaining good form through out in either case. It's going great so far and I've seen great results in terms of inches and the way my clothing fits.
  • niightwind
    Options
    I'm on my 4th day. In a podcast Jullian Michaels stated that it was NOT meant to be done 30 days straight so taking rest days is fine. I'm a beginner so I decided that I'll try taking 2 rest days for each level, and maybe try doing the shred against later on with 1 rest day per level. Its AMAZING though. I feel great already!
  • Wildgirl10
    Options
    I just started last night and WHOA!! I thought I was getting is better shape as I am up to 55 minutes cardio at 5.0mph but she still kicked my butt (literally) I was using 3lb weights so I think I might just need to back off of those because man I am sore today..but damn it felt good. I plan to stick with it for 30 straight days..I'm way determined..lol Also, will be alternating the gym with cardio and strength training about 20-30 minutes 3 times a week. Hoping to see major results.
  • I started ripped in 30days by Jillian which is like 30DS ... I dont do it everyday . Last week i took two days off! ... I do still workout on those off nights though! .. Im going to try to start doing it 6 days a week with Sunday as my off day!
  • michaelvhawk
    michaelvhawk Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I finished it in 34 days. I took one day off a week to rest. I ended up losing 23lbs and loved it. In fact right now I am doing two cycles back to back to keep the intensity and challenge up. It continues to work so I continue to use it!
  • Pakitalian
    Pakitalian Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Thanks all... so do you think I should start over after 4 days (straight) off??? Maybe start back at day 5??? So excited to see results!!!
  • niightwind
    Options
    Thanks all... so do you think I should start over after 4 days (straight) off??? Maybe start back at day 5??? So excited to see results!!!
    I was incredibly sore on the 4th day and could barely move my legs properly as I was still adjusting, so I took a rest day and went back at it today feeling fine and better than ever!
  • jjoseph329
    jjoseph329 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am about to purchase it, how much it cost
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I am about to purchase it, how much it cost

Walmart sells its for $9 and have a kit with the mat, weights and water bottle for $11
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I took one day off between Level 1 and Level 2. I'm on Day 5 of Level 2 and I think I am going to take one day off before I start Level 3. I am seeing results...so far. When I finish the 30 DS though, I am going to jump into another workout. Just don't know what yet. I like the way I am looking and don't want to go back.
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I started on a Monday and did it straight through, taking Sunday's off. Here is my post of my results that I posted yesterday!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/496724-30ds-results-with-pics-long-post-sorry
  • shayjgordon
    shayjgordon Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I just finished as of today, and had skipped 1 day of level 2, and the last 3 days of level 3 (sick household). I've lost 7.4lbs and 14.5 inches!

edit: i was also doing 30 mins of cardio per day, and ate back all my exercise calories
  • medaglia_06
    medaglia_06 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I'm not finished yet, but I did it for 5 days, got sick (Norwalk) for 4 days and then just re-started. I'm now back on day 12. I've heard quite a few people take days off here and there, but I want to try and do it in the 30 days, we'll see how it goes LOL. On day 12 and I am already noticing a change in my body, although I am patiently waiting to be done to do my actual measurements. Good Luck!
  • gatedialer
    gatedialer Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    There is no way that I can do the program or any program consecutively these days. I work full time in the travel industry and am on my feet, running up/down stairs, lifting 30-90lb bags all day, so when I come home at 16:00, I am BEAT! I usually workout on my days off and if I am not too tired, I will work out when I get home but some days it just doesn't happen. I'm also having health issues that usually leave me very fatigued. I think missing a day or two won't kill you, just make sure you eat right. I hope that I can get back to working out like I used to. I really miss it.

Just keep at it and you'll be happy with the results. Life happens and all you can do it dust yourself off and get back on track. Don't beat yourself up about it. Missing a few days and re-starting is better than giving up. Yes? :))
  • nnapieralski
    nnapieralski Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I ordered the DVD today. I'm hoping it's just what I need to shake up my workout routine and help me get rid of the last 5lbs that seem to be stuck on my stomach and thighs. =)
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I ordered the DVD today. I'm hoping it's just what I need to shake up my workout routine and help me get rid of the last 5lbs that seem to be stuck on my stomach and thighs. =)

Hate those last few lbs :( this workout seems to be helpin with me and its only been 4 days, today i finally didnt feel like I was going to die
  • blynn2708
    blynn2708 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I only do it every other day, do cardio on the alternate days:flowerforyou: , or everyday if I can!