Options

Replies

• hutc9939
    Options
    probably not...but matching tattoos are something we both want :happy:
  • Thad81
    Thad81 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I think that it is bad luck and either the relationship will end or that person will die. I really think that! I would only tattoo the name of a departed loved one on my body.
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    If he wanted to I wouldn't object, but no way would I get his on me.
  • southernyankee716
    Options
    Spouses names- no
    Kids names- okay

My ex-boyfriend tattooed my initials on his arm. He told his new girlfriend they stood for Jesus Christ. Luckily, my initials were JC so his story was totally believable. Sadly, he hadn't been to church a day in his entire life.
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    A few months after getting married, my hubs got our wedding date tattooed on his back. I told him just in case, to come up with some kickass story about that date. I haven't gotten anything similar, but it was very sweet that he did that.
  • CuteBlondie
    Options
    My EX husband has my name tattooed on his ring finger.. :laugh: He wanted me to get his on mine. :noway:

I was flattered and I loved it but I think I love it even more now because he's my ex... (he cheated).

Hahah what a n00b, ur freaking beautiful why would he cheatt x-x smh
  • loombeav
    loombeav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Flattered, yes. But I really wouldn't want him too and there is no way I would get his on mine. I don't know about it being the kiss of death for a relationship, but I just think it's tacky.
    My husband had all 3 of our kids names tattooed on his arm not long after our youngest (and only child that is biologically both of ours) daughter was born. My oldest daughter is not his and it caused quite the stink with his ex girlfriend. ***** made me want to tattoo my name across his forehead.
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't do it, and I wouldn't want my husband to have my name on him. When I was younger (too young, stupid, and naive) I got married to a classmate who went into the Marine Corp. He got an extremely elaborate tattoo made up of yellow roses, green leaves and thorns in the shape of a heart. In the center was my name in intricate leaf design. I have a very uncommon first name. Well, the marriage was (figuratively speaking) over before the tat ink had dried. Not a good idea, imo, to put somebody's name on your bod. Unless it's your child. Or maybe the "memorial" type tattoo.
  • Freida_MS
    Options
    Would you be flattered if your SO got your name tattooed on their body?

I would be flattered
    My boyfriend would not. He claims it's the kiss of death in relationships.

Speaking from experience here......DON'T do it. I made this mistake and a week after hubby moved out, I went and had it covered up. Thank goodness the tattoo was small and dainty so the cover up didn't have to be huge.......unlike the one he had to get to cover my name :laugh:
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    My husband has always wanted to. I don't want him to. I think it will jinx us.
  • Kany
    Kany Posts: 336
    Options
    Would not.
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    I told mine we'd get each others names on us after our 50th Wedding Anniversary... : ))
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I'd ever get a tattoo of anything, although I've thought about it (before remembering how much of a wuss I am when it comes to needles and pain). If I ever did, though, it would absolutely not be an SO's name unless it was a memorial. You just never know what the future will hold. Calling it the "Kiss of Death" is a bit dramatic, but depending on how long you've been with that person before getting their name tattooed on your body, it very well could be.

I do know a couple who opted to have their wedding bands tattooed on, instead of buying metal rings, although that's just a simple black line around the base of the left ring finger for both of them, not names.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I'd only let a gf do it if she agreed to do it on her forehead. And then I'd break up with her for being stupid.

:drinker:
  • iNkedFiTmama
    iNkedFiTmama Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    We don't have each others names but we have tattoos dedicated to each other.. I have a heart locket on a chain tattooed on my foot, he has the key to match it on his forearm ... he also has our wedding rings underneath that tattooed and going around the whole tattoo it says "true love never dies it only grows stronger" ..so its not our names but yeah it might as well be.. PS we got these tattoos years ago & we're still just fine... Together 5 years married for 3.5
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    A comic I worked with told me a story about a girl who wouldn't leave him alone. She stole his head shot out of the frame in his club and had a tattoo artist put his autograph on her back. Not just his name, his autograph. On the small of her back.

For the rest of her life that girl is going to hear "Who the F is Mike Storck?" during sex.

Funny guy.
  • jfinnivan
    jfinnivan Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    If you do, design it so you can add more to it and make an interesting picture of some sort.
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I might be flattered if someone had my name tattoed on their body, but I would never tattoo someone else's name on my body. If i ever even thought about it, it would be my child's name. But then I'm not really into tattoo's, so for me, it doesn't matter.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

My boyfriend would not. He claims it's the kiss of death in relationships.

This is how I feel too.