Which is more accurate a digital scale or non digital?

Options
I am about to go buy a scale to keep track of my progress. Being from the medical field we used to use weighted scales that had to be calibrated so often or they would not read correct, can anyone tell me if a digital scale is more acurate? Thanks!

Replies

• iNkedFiTmama
    iNkedFiTmama Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know too.. I'm in the market for a new scale mine is a craptastic 10 year old regular scale and I want a new one.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I've had a digital scale ( EATSMART from amazon) for over a year and love it. I don't think you can say any scale is going to be 100% accurate.

I thought you were asking about a food scale. Sorry But I still don't think any scale is accurate.
  • Funshinerika
    Options
    I'm really interested in what others say bout this... I have a digital scale but sometimes it can fluctuate five pounds in a matter of a couple of minutes! I don't know if it's the small tiles on the bathroom floor or what.
  • TequillaLover89
    TequillaLover89 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Also wondering this
  • vogonuts77
    vogonuts77 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Most store bought scales are just going to give you a ballpark number, digital or mechanical. They both have fluctuations and inaccuracies. Most accurate scales are probably going to cost you a little more wether it is digital or mechanical. Probably more than you would want to spend on a scale anyway. My advice, weigh yourself on a good calibrated 3 beam scale or calibrated high end digital scale then adjust your scale accordingly. That should get your pretty darn close.