BodyBugg Calorie Counter

Options
Hey everyone!
So far MyFitnessPal has helped me a lot with eating right and exercising regularly but I'm curious about the BodyBugg Calorie Counter. Does anyone have it, and is it worth the price and subscription?

The watch is about 150$
A year subscription is about 80$
I believe it comes with 6 months free.

I would like to know if it's a good investment

Thanks in advance!!

17062333.png

Replies

• honeydoozy
    honeydoozy Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!
    So far MyFitnessPal has helped me a lot with eating right and exercising regularly but I'm curious about the BodyBugg Calorie Counter. Does anyone have it, and is it worth the price and subscription?

The watch is about 150$
    A year subscription is about 80$
    I believe it comes with 6 months free.

I would like to know if it's a good investment

Have had both the BodyBugg and BodyMedia FIT - they are both awesome, but I have to say I recommend the BodyMedia device MUCH more. The online interface is better, the device itself is *smaller*, and it's on sale right now!

They are normally $169 for the FIT CORE, but I picked up one at Costco with an instant $40 rebate, so mine was only $129 AND included 6 months of online subscription. Sweet! I log my food throughout the day with MFP, then use that to log my food in the evening with BodyMedia - it's working out great.

The digital display/watch is cool - but I'm not sure it's worth the extra expense, unless you need real=time updates on your progress. For me it's enough to just update/check it when I get home in the evenings.

LOVE these things. :bigsmile:
  • stephfilako
    stephfilako Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I have a BodyBugg. I can honestly say that I dont use it nearly as often as I thought I would. If I had to do it over again I would probably go with one of the Polar HRM's instead. For me and my busy life it is a pain to have to run over and download it. The Polar is instant and easy. I always see how happy people are with the HRM's.

Steph
  • Teresa527
    Teresa527 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have a Bodybugg Version 3 and I've worn it for the last 18 weeks. I have only taken it off for special occasions, so maybe 3 days total, since I bought it.
    I got it on sale and only paid $99 and got 12 months free online subscription. Then my armband broke after about a week and they sent me a new one and gave me an additional 3 months free. Great customer service!

I attribute a lot of my success to my Bodybugg. It's so much easier to maintain a deficit when you know exactly what you are burning all day long. I put mine on first thing in the morning and take it off at bedtime. Counting calories is only one aspect of losing weight. To maintain your true deficit it is much easier to know what you are truly burning.
  • DL121004
    DL121004 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I would guess that these types of devices aren't of much value in exercise such as cycling, correct?
  • Phrak
    Phrak Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I would guess that these types of devices aren't of much value in exercise such as cycling, correct?

They pick up cycling just fine.
  • honeydoozy
    honeydoozy Posts: 46 Member
    Options

I think a simple pedometer would be useless for that.

I think the HRM is good for anything that gets your heart rate going, so you can see what kind of physical effort you're putting out.

The BB and BMF go a few steps further - they calculate your calorie burn rate using four different sensors - galvanic skin response, temperature, accelerometer (like a pedometer) and heat flux. These elements combined are *very* accurate in calculating that burn rate.

So, the really short short answer to your question is: They totally are. :bigsmile: