What time of day do you work out and why?

Options
MNA76
MNA76 Posts: 1,541
I currently get up at 4:30 a.m. so that I can be to the gym by 5:00 a.m. I like working out before work because it gives me energy to get through the morning without caffeine.

Replies

• kmbhoya2000
    kmbhoya2000 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I like working out in the morning as well. I don't get up quite as early as you however!!! I work out at home, but I am up before everyone else, it's nice & quiet and I can focus. I've had a hard time the last few days however because my 6 yo son has had sleeping issues and is up several times a night wanting me in his room, and we just got a new puppy this weekend, and now I am up taking him outside as well!! So I have had a hard time when the alarm is going off. I do feel so much better starting my day with exercise. I have an autoimmune rheumatoid disease and I feel worse as the day goes on, so usually I am really sore and tired when I get home from work, so exercise in the evening doesn't work well for me, plus I have to get dinner ready and get my boys to bed...
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Same here...I workout in the A.M. most days get there at 6 a.m. the rush and feeling it gives me..as if I can take on anything that comes my way!! After a long day I find it harder to workout and come up with excused not to...
  • kaykay2113
    Options
    I work out in the afternoon simply because this is the best way to get around my schedule. I work out at curves and it gives me energy and I love it :)
  • missym357
    missym357 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I tend to work out in the morning after I get the kids to school. If I don't, then I am much less likely to work out at all.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    At lunch time... I can barely get up by 6 am to be out of the house by 7 as it is... and at night I'm usually too exhausted... so if I exercise at night it's usually a bonus.
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Right now I work out at home which means I do it in the evening after I get home from work. Even if I take a class some where it's normally around 6:30 or 7:30.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    10pm-1am because I work all day and go to school till 10pm at a few days a week plus have a teenager to watch over.
  • DawnVanSlim
    DawnVanSlim Posts: 10,471
    Options
    I go to the gym straight from work. I work 7am-3:30pm, so usually by 3:45pm I am starting my workout and am home around 5pm. Unless I am doing a class at the gym, those usually start at 5:30pm or 6:30pm. During the weekends though I workout around 9 or 10 am. I am not an early morning person.
  • M77308
    M77308 Posts: 183
    Options
    I am not a morning person and it's hard enough to get out of the house and to my job at 8 am... The next possible time for me to workout is right after I get off work.. around 5 pm. That's the only "me" time I get in a day, and so I make the most of it. Doing it right after work allows me to get the frustrations of the day out of my system and start relaxing for an awesome evening with my daughter.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    A few days of the week I workout in the morning because I have a jogging class and the other days I workout in the afternoons because I have class. I prefer to workout in the mornings though if I'm able to :)
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    5:30 so I can get my workout in before the rest of the household is up and competing for the TV, washroom, shower, and my attention.
  • mae1020
    mae1020 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'd love to have the motivation to get up early and work out before work but I don't. I usually go in the evenings after 7 when the gym is less crowded.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Around 9-10 am.

I usually eat, give myself an hour to workout, then an hour or so to get ready/eat lunch cause I generally work at 2pm every day.

Otherwise I'd get off at 2pm, and exercise shortly after that.
  • dubw
    dubw Posts: 429
    Options
    I teach a 7a class twice a week so that is basically my motivation to workout afterward until my 10a class on the same days. I teach a 9:30 class on Wednesdays which means, because I have to travel to another location, the only workout I get is teaching the class.
    Mondays and Fridays I try to get to the club 7ish for my own workouts and to develop and or work on new class designs.
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Whenever I can! Just back from running on my day off work. If I'm working it's usually @ lunch or evenings. Non work days it can be anywhere from mornings to late night. Last night my husband and I went out for a long cold walk @ almost 9p.
  • Grandysl
    Grandysl Posts: 189
    Options
    My Mandatory PT session is 0550. I am an early riser anyway. I usually get there early enough to do 10-20 minutes on stationary bike just to get warmed up. Monday Wednesday and Friday are cardio days. Due to injury I dont run. I power walk. Tuesday and Thursday are core days! I get smoked. Everyday I follow the workout with 60 minutes on elliptical.
    Occasionally I will hope on our tradclimber in the evenings at home.
  • BigL0s
    BigL0s Posts: 133
    Options
    Anywhere from 5 to 7 pm. I go to a local town gym, so I normally try to go when it's not too crowded..
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I go after I drop the kids off at school. I'm already out so there's no excuses to stay in bed or do anything else. I love the energy burst I get after. It carries me thru the entire day.
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I go right after work, 5:30 to 7:00.
  • davidlbass
    davidlbass Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I walk at lunch and exercise after work. When the weather gets better I plan on running in the mornings again.