Would You?

Options

Replies

• harley47920
    harley47920 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Umm... No. First of all, my husband is ultra-conservative and it would be just weird if he got a tattoo, much less having my name tattoed on his body.

Nothing against tattoes, I have one. It's just that he should not. Just saying.
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Getting someone who is not your child's name tattoo'd on your body is probably about as smart as eating lead paint chips.
  • sergetns73
    sergetns73 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I dont think so...not everyone's relationship last Forever, so i don't want to be like a walking Billboard...lol
  • n_unocero
    n_unocero Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I don't have my BF's name, but i have lyrics to our song on my ribs. i'm planning on getting his name on my ring finger when we get married.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

Speaking from experience here......DON'T do it. I made this mistake and a week after hubby moved out, I went and had it covered up. Thank goodness the tattoo was small and dainty so the cover up didn't have to be huge.......unlike the one he had to get to cover my name :laugh:

See? Kiss of death. :wink:
  • sergetns73
    sergetns73 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    A comic I worked with told me a story about a girl who wouldn't leave him alone. She stole his head shot out of the frame in his club and had a tattoo artist put his autograph on her back. Not just his name, his autograph. On the small of her back.

For the rest of her life that girl is going to hear "Who the F is Mike Storck?" during sex.

Funny guy.

yeah who the F... is that guy ? sorry to ask
  • ItsJustK
    ItsJustK Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I think it's awful how many people here say that it's just a relationship and relationships don't last forever lol I married my husband because I love him... and I will love him forever. I do NOT have his name tattooed on my body, and I won't do it -- But NOT because I don't see it working out!!!! HE does have my name tattooed over his heart. He got it 7 years ago. It was not the kiss of death for us.
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Kids, parents, the dead, or symbols signifying them.

I have an ankh on the back of my neck in memory of my mother. My hubs and I thought about Celtic knots on our ring fingers, but after divorcing each other twice and marrying each other three times, we know better!
  • Miss♥Ivi
    Options
    Negative Ghost Rider!

Only names I'd get are my parents. And that's when they pass. Which is, hopefully, a ridiculously long time from now! :heart:
  • mrlazy1967
    mrlazy1967 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I knew a guy who got his girlfriend's name tattooed on this NECK, then they split up ... so no
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Ew, no
  • chubbychristianchick
    Options
    I think it's just tacky. My fiance has one of his ex's name on his arm. I've already advised I will and can cancel the wedding if it isn't removed or covered from him body.
  • _Amy_Budd
    _Amy_Budd Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    My ex tattooed my name on his arm after our wedding, and called it a wedding gift for me. The problem is that I really don't like tattoos, and it's pretty much the last gift that I would have wanted. Probably should have been a big red flag...

Wonder how his new fiancee feels about it. Ha!
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend would not. He claims it's the kiss of death in relationships.
    He speaks the troof!
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Would you be flattered if your SO got your name tattooed on their body?

I would be flattered
    My boyfriend would not. He claims it's the kiss of death in relationships.

I agree with your boyfriend. In fact I had this conversation with my SO last night lol, we both agreed it's a death sentence.

Totally agree with the BF
  • ttillman19
    ttillman19 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Done this, go the t-shirt, and got it covered. Never put a name on your body unless it's a parent or child. I agree with you boyfriend, kiss of dealth to a relationship. Beside think about how many celebs have had to have them covered or removed. Maybe a tattoo of something in your honor or sympbolic, etc.
  • heidiwithom
    Options
    I think it's awful how many people here say that it's just a relationship and relationships don't last forever lol I married my husband because I love him... and I will love him forever. I do NOT have his name tattooed on my body, and I won't do it -- But NOT because I don't see it working out!!!! HE does have my name tattooed over his heart. He got it 7 years ago. It was not the kiss of death for us.

I agree. :-)
  • clewis628
    clewis628 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Yeah - I would have to agree with your BF. I don't think that names are a good idea for a tattoo. Maybe a symbol of something that we shared like a small flower or a shape or something that meant something to both of us but if something happened, it wouldn't scream that person to me.
  • Lyndi4
    Lyndi4 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    This thread made me think of Johnny Depp. When he was dating Winona Ryder he had her name tattooed on his chest, and after they broke up he had part of the tattoo removed to say 'Wino.' For the love of wine? :smile:

I don't think that a tattoo necessarily means the kiss of death, though, but if you get one you should make sure that you are okay with having it forever. That is true with any tattoo. My brother had a tattoo of Mighty Mouse done when he was younger, and I'm sure he regretted that one more than any of the girl's names that he got over the years. He had Mighty Mouse covered up, and his ex-wife's name covered up. The ex-wife's name was smaller, so that one wasn't as difficult to hide. He is married to someone else now, and he had her name tatted onto his ring finger. They've been together about 4 years now, and if it ends I'm sure that the tattoo won't be mentioned as the cause in divorce court. LOL. :wink:

My hubs and I have been together since High School. Neither of us have tattoos. If we did decide to get one, I can't imagine that our relationship would suddenly sour afterward either. Like darn that pesky SO tattoo has done it again... :happy:
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Never!! You don't know how long it's going to last. I wouldn't want that reminder on my body.