Food Scale

Options
Wanted to know where or what brand is the best food scale apparently Im late with my purchase as I'd read the food scale Topics :) I want to buy one that breaks down the nutrition of almost any foods (decent in price of course) chime in and let me know.

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    EatSmart Precision Pro digital scale. $25.00 at amazon. Love mine
  • rbilsborough
    rbilsborough Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Perfect Portions from Bed Bath and Beyond, I think it was around $40, and we LOVE it. You can program your own favorite foods into it, or use the code book with hundreds of foods already programed in.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    "Kitrics" is the brand that makes the scale that I have.

I don't remember the last time I used the nutrition function though, lol
  • NIR1591
    Options
    you said you don't use yours? If not I'm trying to be as economically smart as possible (can I have yours? :) ) I'll be sure to put it to good use...
  • NIR1591
    Options
    congrats on your weight loss, thanks for the advice!!
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    This is my baby:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT7QsqwBq4Q2cm67HSyzMtC_XW8cYWJk1cQ3ybgnlj-l1HjCgRoQQ

$22 and it calculates the nutritional value of 999 different foods (breaks down calories, fat, fiber, sodium, etc). Handy tare function, and uses an easy-to-replace 9v battery. Glass top for easy clean up.

I use mine every day. It's been essential in making sure my portions are normal and I get the right amount of nutrients

If you get a digital scale, make sure to never store it near a microwave. The current screws around with the internals
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    EatSmart Precision Pro digital scale. $25.00 at amazon. Love mine

I have the same one - from Amazon too- and love it!
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Honest question (not trolling) - If you're weighing the food to enter into MFP, which already provides all of the nutrient breakdowns, why do you need a scale that does the nutrient breakdown?