FitBit...anyone tried it?

Options
It tracks calories burned, steps, mileage and stairs than uploads to the FitBit dashboard, where you can set your weight loss goals than track your food, exercise.

Replies

• shasingalls
    shasingalls Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have the FITBIT Ultra and so wanted to just tell you that I love it! I am pregnant so sometimes it is easy to lose motivation, but I havent since getting it. I had the BODYBUGG it was $250.00 plus a monthly fee and I wasnt able to afford it after the first few months but the FITBIT is just the $100.00 to buy which I like about it. It tells you Calories Burned, Flights of Stairs Climbed, Steps Taken, Miles Walked .. But it also has a Flower (which for me has been the most motivating) It starts out as a small stem and as you move and workout throughout the day it grows leaves (it always has the petals) and it also grows taller. I know that you can get up to 10 leaves (which my husband has) but I have only hit 7 lol Oh well I cannot run anymore and I can climb 10 flights of stairs and thats about it laugh But honestly whenever it starts to shrink or lose leaves it motivates me to get up and moving. Also at night you put it in Sleep Mode and it will tell you how long you were in bed, how long you slept, how long it took you to fall asleep, how many times you woke up throughout the night and also your sleep efficiency. I was amazed that I wake up between 19-25 times a night and it shows me how active I am throughout the night too (which is pretty active since I make about 9-10 bathroom runs a night) LOL
  • MollyRedinger
    MollyRedinger Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    bump
  • minnow54151
    minnow54151 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Love my bodybug, & they have come down a great deal in price $129 for the reg one & $179 for the sp model (syncs with iphone)
  • FAyres01
    FAyres01 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have had a FitBit for some time now and recently upgraded to the Ultra. I have to say that it is a WONDERFUL motivator for me and I have seen changes in my eating habits since using it. I also like to be able to track the amount of sleep that I'm getting and how long it takes me to fall asleep. The graphs and different trackers really help me to have a more visual idea of how well I'm doing. I wear mine every minute of every day and I have since integrated it with myfitnesspal and with Endomondo.

I highly recommend it!:happy:
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    I love it. It's been very inspirational and revealing.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    My husband gave me a FitBit.
    I already log my food and exercise on MFP and have a HRM to determine my calories burned. I really can't see what the FitBit is supposed to add.
    I don't see any benefit if it tells me if I slept well or not, its not like wearing it improves your sleep in any way.
    So what if it tells me how many steps I took; I would have took them whether I was wearing it or not. It keeps telling me I climbed stairs, when I haven't climbed a single stair all day.
    It tells me I have a bunch of calories, but I use MFP to track my calories and don't want to confuse things with a second/conflicting set of numbers.
    I wear it because it was a thoughtful gift, but I would have rather had a new pair of shoes.