inches, but no lbs - time to change it up?

Options
2»

Replies

• r1ghtpath
    r1ghtpath Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    i learned about the gaining weight or not losing in the beginning of an intense work out program, when i gained weight immediately after starting turbo fire. i don't weigh myself but going by my pants i could tell my weight was up. i did a lot of research and quickly found out what the issue was.

i ONLY monitor with the tape measure, mirror/ photos, and fit of clothes. i don't even own a scale. and I LOVE seeing the inches going down. i make sure i measure at the exact same spots every time. and i don't pull the tape measure taught. but, photos, and comparing them..... that's such a great visual to have!!!!

congrats on the inches lost!! you're going great. keep it up!!!
  • jjclark529
    Options
    i learned about the gaining weight or not losing in the beginning of an intense work out program, when i gained weight immediately after starting turbo fire. i don't weigh myself but going by my pants i could tell my weight was up. i did a lot of research and quickly found out what the issue was.

i ONLY monitor with the tape measure, mirror/ photos, and fit of clothes. i don't even own a scale. and I LOVE seeing the inches going down. i make sure i measure at the exact same spots every time. and i don't pull the tape measure taught. but, photos, and comparing them..... that's such a great visual to have!!!!

congrats on the inches lost!! you're going great. keep it up!!!

Thanks!

I'm trying, and I'm determined to see major changes this go around
  • r1ghtpath
    r1ghtpath Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    have you ever seen the pictures of women that are the same weight, but different sizes after they've worked out with weights and toned up? there are a couple that i have seen. it's the same women, at say 160 lbs. one is before working with weights and the second is after. her weight does not change but her inches and size DEFINITELY does!

so, if you can. don't worry about the lbs. and focus on the fact that you're losing inches!!! :-)
  • winabe1
    Options
    Don't forget that if you have started to exercise, you are likely gaining muscle mass, therefore that is why you have lost inch but nothing on the scale. Because muscle mass weight more, it looks like you have not lost weight but you have indeed. Keep up your good work.
  • motherof3brats
    motherof3brats Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I know how you are feeling. Started working with a trainer 6 weeks ago and have lost 9 1/2 inches in six weeks but the scale in 9 weeks has only went down 7 pounds. I keep just telling myself that every bit is worth it and keep going. Congrats on losing inches.
  • jjclark529
    Options
    have you ever seen the pictures of women that are the same weight, but different sizes after they've worked out with weights and toned up? there are a couple that i have seen. it's the same women, at say 160 lbs. one is before working with weights and the second is after. her weight does not change but her inches and size DEFINITELY does!

so, if you can. don't worry about the lbs. and focus on the fact that you're losing inches!!! :-)

You're right! I'm trying to change my mind set. It's a work in progress.
  • jjclark529
    Options
    Just thought I would post an update since I finished Phase 1 of LMP and am at the weigh-in/measuring point.

I only lost 1.2 lbs since starting the workout program, but lost a total of 7 inches:

Bust/chest = -1 3/4
    R Arm = -3/4
    L Arm = -5/8
    Waist = -1 3/4
    Hips = -1 3/4
    R Thigh = -3/8
    L Thigh = 0 (only because I gained 3/8 inches half way through and then lost the same 3/8 inches by the end of the 30 days)

I'm happy that there has been change and I can tell the difference in my clothes. They fit looser on me, which makes me EXTREMELY happy. Can't wait for my 60 day results!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!