30 Day Shred

Options
I started Day 1 of the 30 Day Shred today and have no idea what to put it under for exercise or how much calories were burned. Anyone else have a clue?

Replies

• mom2allgirls
    Options
    i would like to know too!
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    I log it as circuit training. I have no clue how many calories it burns doing it.
    I have seen people post that they can burn 250-350 doing it, but everyone is different.
  • isk8nbessy
    isk8nbessy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 5 of level 1 and I have been logging it in as circuit training. I'm estimating around 200 calories burned or so.
  • philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    this is where an HRM comes in handy
  • MissyJessy
    MissyJessy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    google it. All of her programs have the cals burned listed online.
  • Gingerjoanna
    Options
    Hi, I was going to start Turbo Jam tomorrow but I do have the 30 day Shred as well. Is it suitable for a complete beginner??
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    I put 200 in as well, although I think it is way more. If i burn 200 on a treadmill or elliptical for a couple of weeks I dont get the same results as doing 30DD or RI30.
  • HarlCarl
    HarlCarl Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I log as: circuit training, general.

Am I the only male doing this workout or just the only one that will admit to it?
  • adriana_hackney
    adriana_hackney Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hi, I was going to start Turbo Jam tomorrow but I do have the 30 day Shred as well. Is it suitable for a complete beginner??

Yes :) I was a complete beginner 8 days ago and the change in my endurance in just that amount of time is amazing. I log it under circuit training and burn 160 to 188 calories per session according to a HRM.
  • Reckabek
    Reckabek Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I was told to log as circuit training, so i do! I feel like i burn way more then that but!
  • LoveJaded2
    LoveJaded2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post - I just started the 30 Day Shred today as well... Off to log as Circuit Training - 20/mins.
  • glennam1
    glennam1 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    before I had my HRM I logged it under Circut training and it will just give you whatever they have it down as of how many calories burned....(I put in 20 mins), but I know others who put in warm up & cool down about 28 mins....that's entirely up to you
  • carlzjnr
    Options
    It varies greatly person to person. I wore a HRM last night and only burnt 120 calories; I must say I was disappointed! *LOL* I don't log my exercise however as I wear a Fitbit 24/7. :)
  • Reckabek
    Options
    I start with some jogging around my living room or jumping jacks while she talks so i log in 30 mins! I do count the warm up and cool down!
  • Reckabek
    Options
    It varies greatly person to person. I wore a HRM last night and only burnt 120 calories; I must say I was disappointed! *LOL* I don't log my exercise however as I wear a Fitbit 24/7. :)

Whats a fitbit?
  • katkrak
    Options
    Thank you!! I will put it under circuit training and google how many calories (roughly)
  • abradley114
    abradley114 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    It about 150-200 depending on ur weight height etc. HRM will be the most accurate though.
  • carlzjnr
    Options

Whats a fitbit?

www.fitbit.com
    It's great, I've had one for nearly 2 months now and even more awesome that it syncs with MFP. Fitbit measures steps, distance, flights of stairs, calories, how active you've been during the day and monitors your sleep patterns. It all syncs to your account online and can be accessed via the web or a phone app. I find it is a very useful companion to MFP. There is a forum on here for users. I probably haven't described it well enough but do take a look at their website. You can set weight goals, log blood pressure, glucose, body measurements etc.
  • MrsJessicaGalvin
    Options
    @Missy Jessy do you have a link?
  • NMJosephs
    Options

Whats a fitbit?

Fitbits are awesome. It's a pedometer/calorie counter/etc that you clip on. It links with MFP and adds in your calories that you burn throughout the day and adjusts your calories left to eat. www.fitbit.com