Moving Home After Uni

Options
Hiya :smile:

I'm finding it hard to eat healthily after moving home. There seems to be so much junk in terms of crisps, biscuits etc etc that I'm finding myself snacking which I didn't used to do when I lived away. I know the problem is that I now have no control over what food is in the house. When I get bored I tend to snack but its starting to annoy me how easily I'm letting myself slip.

Generally I'm finding it weird being at home as I haven't got the freedom I had only a few weeks ago.

Anyone been in the same/similar situation?

Thanks

Rhi :flowerforyou:

Replies

• squib
    squib Posts: 34
    Options
    I have a similar situation. I'm going home for summer holidays and I know already that starting the day one from my arrival next week I will eat everything in sight! I plan to stay inside as less as possible- no where near the kitchen.
    I'm scared lol :laugh: seems like only being away from home helps
    don't give- we can do it :flowerforyou:
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Make your parents buy fruits and other healthy snacks :laugh:
  • lynnie25
    lynnie25 Posts: 93
    Options
    i know what you mean when we go to see my mom and dad...i always eat to much..now when we go i go right to the food store and stock them up with the things i want and what i want my kids to have...
  • xRhiannonPricex
    Options
    Being bored is a big part of me eating unhealthily, my main meals will be health but get spoilt by me eating junk inbetween.

My parents will be cooking food and ask do I want some and I'm finding that I'm saying yes even though I'm not hungry!

I think I just need to get into some sort of routine.

I find that if I go to the Gym then I don't feel as hungry for the rest of the day but its the cost of going at the moment thats stopping me going everyday. I graduate a week Friday and haven't found a job as of yet so money is beyond tight. For some strange reason I can easily run 20 minutes on the treadmill at 8km/hour but can't run outside :-S

There's fruit (Strawberries, Nectarines, Apples, Peaches) which I eat loads of but I seem to be eating more junk than before and I'm really annoying myself lol.
  • nightshadow
    Options
    yep. my mom got some chocolate covered doughnuts the other day...I was like Aargh! :noway: Don't eat them, don't eat them, don't eat them....now they're all gone :laugh: (however, I didn't eat them *all*)

I would have to say I agree with not only the harder time eating healthy thing, but also the wierdness of suddenly not having as much freedom as you did. It's kind of frustrating sometimes. But as for the food, I try to stay out of the house a lot, even if I'm just walking around, and I got mom to buy some fruit and stuff (although that does NOT make those chips in the cabinet any less appealing). And if I really think I have to have something fattening, then I make sure that I make up for it by exercising more...generally, my laziness wins out over eating whatever it is. :wink:
  • dachinababe
    dachinababe Posts: 185
    Options
    ugh....its super hard eating healthy @ my house, since my sister is super skinny and my mom is buying junk food to fatten her up ( i told her not to but she insist that my sister is too skinny therefore need to be fatter). so she buys junk food every time she goes shopping. I have no control over my food whatsoever. just two days ago I ate half box of muffins..ehh..but it was really good taste wise. I do regret eating it but what can I do. Now summer school just started for me, I have more time out of the house so I don't snack or eat as much. even if I eat too much I still have my exercise calories. I workout about 3 hours a day. I would advice you to go shopping with you parents and get the healthier stuff for yourself and hide the junk food @ home. keep yourself busy with a hobby or go for a long walk. do whatever you can to keep your hands out of the cookie jar. :wink:
  • StacieLutes
    Options
    I know what you're talking about!! I stayed with my mom for about 4 months and gained 15lbs!!! It's hard to tell mom no!! Good Luck:happy:
  • xRhiannonPricex
    Options
    My brother lives off junk food - his whole lifestyle is as unhealthy as it possibly can be so I know exactly what you mean in relation to your mam buying junk.

I think its all down to will power something I don't usually lack! I'm one of those really competitive, stubborn people who doesn't give in very easily!

Think I'm going to try planning my days on MFP for the next week so I know exactly what I'm eating maybe that will give me some structure to work with :smile: