My Fitness Pal / Weight Watchers

Options
2»

Replies

• bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    I have never belonged, but my wife used it in the past.
    She has gone back to WW, and has had better success with it than MFP alone.
    It works better for her. I say go for it!
  • crrc78
    crrc78 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I quit weight watchers when I found MFP. I discovered that will all the "free" foods, I was eating way too many calories on WW, even though I wasn't eating all my points. Before the plan changes from a year ago, I really felt WW worked. Now, I think the plan changes just aren't helpful, and for people like me who love fruits and can easily eat too many, it is not a good idea to have them "free". MFP also has a much better database, and gives much more information than WW ever thought about giving, and I won't be going back.

DItto. Even though I haven't lost a ton of weight with MFP, I find it much easier to stick with, and there's no gimmick - it's just numbers.
  • shadowkitty22
    shadowkitty22 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Well for me it was really simple. I live overseas and so the only way I could have done WW would be to pay for it online. So if all I'm going to do is log my food and exercise online on a website, why PAY for it when I can get it for free on MFP?
  • ninamm3
    ninamm3 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I have done WW and MFP in my 45 pound weight loss journey.

WW is great for scale accountability, for people who don't know how to eat balanced, and to gain face to face support/ideas from week to week.

WW is not so good because it teaches you THEIR values of food (which even they continually change) not REAL values of food.

MFP makes logging simple if used on a phone and can even scan bar codes for auto input. There is also support 24/7
    You learn REAL food values and get to see ALL of the nutrition information to review which can allow you to see exactly how you spend your calories. You may be surprised where you lack or over indulge.

MFP IS FREE.
  • cherryb75
    cherryb75 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I loved the old Points plan. It was my go-to when I needed to drop a few pounds and it always worked. I could use it with minimal effort--I could look at a nutrition label and know approximately how many Points something was without even looking it up. I guess I still could, if it came to that, but since there's MFP, there's little point (heh).

Ever since WW changed their plan, I HATE it. My mom keeps trying to get me into it but I don't think it's going to happen. I'll just stick with MFP. :)
  • lisajnz
    lisajnz Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I lost most of my weight via WW and think its a great programme - I got frustrated with it when I started doing a lot more exercise, it just didn't seem to cater, or have the answers for someone who was burning a lot of calories. I'm pretty new to MFP, but what I'm liking is that I can change and alter it to what is going to work for me (still working on that - but am getting there!).
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I came here after trying their pts. plus program. I wasn't losing weight, but gaining. When I started MFP I started losing alot of inches along with some weight. I think this site really worked better for me cause it pushes me to work out and understand that healthy eating and exercise go hand and hand. I know WW sends the same message, but It became so much clearer here at MFP. I will say I have more and more people ask me what's my secret. I give all the credit to this site. I feel wonderful, clothes fit, and I've learned a lfestyle change, not just another diet.