not getting to the gym!!

Options
so now that the kids are home from school:ohwell: i cant not get to the gym like i used to(i work in the school so when there off i'm off). i would go everyday and before work i would walk for 15min than work and thats like a 3 1/2 work out in itself ,than gym for about 45min than 15 to 30 min walk (what ever i can get in that night)now i'm doing the same 15min in the am than other 30min in the mid afternoon hit the gym on mon-wed-thrus at 4:30 (due to daycare)and i'm there for about an hour and than if i can a 15min walk at night...i feel like i'm now not losing anything and i feel like i'm gaining and i'm staying with in 1200-1400 calories..could this be from the change in my rountine??

Replies

• StacieLutes
    Options
    I have no clue!!!! I have noticed that I don't get as much out of a workout when I split it up. Good luck!!:tongue:
  • dachinababe
    dachinababe Posts: 185
    Options
    you will get the same result if you are exercising the same amount of time. for example working for 10 minutes in the morning, again during your lunch break and then another 10 minute workout during the night. is the same as working out for 30 minutes at night. It is the intensity that makes a difference. Maybe you should kick it up a lil bit, and stick with the same calorie count. try interval training. run for 2 minutes walk for 3, and repeat. for however long you have. gl
  • lynnie25
    lynnie25 Posts: 93
    Options
    you will get the same result if you are exercising the same amount of time. for example working for 10 minutes in the morning, again during your lunch break and then another 10 minute workout during the night. is the same as working out for 30 minutes at night. It is the intensity that makes a difference. Maybe you should kick it up a lil bit, and stick with the same calorie count. try interval training. run for 2 minutes walk for 3, and repeat. for however long you have. gl

i'm already doing 120mins a day!!!
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Does your gym has a child care center?

If not..............

Take your kids and go swimming with them, take them on walks with you, ride bikes together as a family.........

This is an opportunity to get the kids in an exericse program that they will want to keep doing and you are also spending valuable time with your children at the same time.................

Also, there is such a thing as exercising too much, I read some where that your body only responds to 45 -60 minutes of exercise, anything above that is pretty much for nothing.............
  • MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I used to always go to the gym and that's how I lost all my weight before I had kids. Now that I have kids I would still go to the gym but it was getting harder and harder to get there. Then my husband started working overnight so I COULDN'T go in the mornings anymore like I liked and taking the kids to the gym at night is a BIG hassle and then I had no time with them.

So I started working out at home to DVDs. I never thought I would like this but I LOVE it and workout more now than when I went to the gym. I also have a treadmill at home but if you don't you can still go for walks with the kids and do other cardio from home.
  • pcbta
    pcbta Posts: 227
    Options
    I have 3 kids home from school now too...the answer for me is and always has been to work out from home. get some hand wieghts, and get a hold of a good interval DVD to get you going...check out Gillian Micheal's DVD's on amazon...you can always do intervals on your own too.

Cindy
  • lynnie25
    lynnie25 Posts: 93
    Options
    i do have a treadmill.thank god for that and daycare at my gym is only from mon-thurs 8am-12noon and than again from 4:30-8:00pm and trying to go at that time is nuts..i can not even get a parking spot..i'm going this weekend to get some hand weights and some dvd and see if that helps...i used to go mon-friday when they where in school and now my hole rountine has changed and i think that is why i'm not getting anywhere..