Can a woman wear a mans polar hrm?

Options
Im looking at the ft4 and I have a 46" chest size (I'm a big girl) and I can't find the sizes listed anywhere, and since I will be buying it at target in my area, I doubt they will be much help. I'm wondering if IF it comes down to it, if I could use the male one. I don't know of it asks for gender in the setup of a male one or not. I like the male color scheme ones better anyway. Thanks for the help!

Replies

• Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I use a male hrm. I didn't care about the chest strap size, I just liked the color. It seems to work fine for me and I haven't had any issues with it.
  • YMark
    YMark Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    It matters not one bit. I would expect the ONLY difference is the size. So if it fits, have at it.
  • Crystals422
    Crystals422 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I have the men's Polar FT4 and love it. They chese strap fit me when I got it a year ago and fits me now after losing almost 70 lbs.
  • mofireman
    Options
    Funny this came up. Unknowing, I purchased a new Polar ft7 the other day because it was like $50, way below normal price. Got it home, wore it a few times, and a buddy says, "Hey that's the ladies watch." LOL Oh well, the price was right....
  • WanderingMe
    WanderingMe Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    When you set it up does it ask for gender or is that irrelevant?
  • mofireman
    Options
    Yes it does, which is why I'm not too concerned. It's just that the band is thinner than a males. No biggie!!!