Arms? (specifically triceps)

Options
Can anyone, someone, PLEASE help me shred my arm (tricep) FAT! Besides active cardio, I want to specifically target my arm (tricep) fat. Are there any workout methods that help me shed that fat. I was thinking of putting on a sweat suit top to help. Any advice?

Replies

• ronellevan
    Options
    Unfortunately there is no way to target a specific area of your body - it will lose weight where it decides first, and I am sure you already know where yours loses first.
    Also unfortunately, triceps are generally the hardest place for women to reduce fat, or floppiness.
    All you can do it exercise and tone the area, and wait for the fat loss to get to that area.
  • Bri_Becq
    Bri_Becq Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    thanks. I guess I'm going to actually start using my arm shaker & see what it does. but thanks for the advice. good luck to ya! :)
  • kjenelle
    kjenelle Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I am going to get back on my shake weight too sister!
  • Bri_Becq
    Bri_Becq Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    ok let me know how your week goes with it. :)
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Don't waste your money on the shake weight, or working out with a heavy sweat suit. You will sweat more, you will dehydrate faster, and you will gain that weight back with you first glass of post workout water.

Cardio burns the fat, strength tones the muscle. You cannot target one area for fat loss. Eat Healthy, and regular exercise, and your arms will eventually get better.
  • addisondisease2
    addisondisease2 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Don't waste your money on the shake weight, or working out with a heavy sweat suit. You will sweat more, you will dehydrate faster, and you will gain that weight back with you first glass of post workout water.

Cardio burns the fat, strength tones the muscle. You cannot target one area for fat loss. Eat Healthy, and regular exercise, and you arms will eventually get better.

THIS IS SCIENCE
  • addisondisease2
    Options
    also

shake-weight-o.gif
  • Tshuggah42
    Options
    also

shake-weight-o.gif
    LOOOOOOOOOOLLLLZZZZ
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    By just reading the title I already knew the response was "you can't spot reduce."
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    In before the lock LOL!
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    You can't target fat in one area but you can target muscle development. Do close grip bench presses. It will kill your triceps. Eventually when you have lower body fat% your arms will be toned as a mother.
  • addisondisease2
    Options
    your arms will be toned as a mother.

My mother's arms look terrible :laugh:
  • aritchey1977
    aritchey1977 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels "No More Trouble Zones" has a lot of exercises that are great for the arms and has some cardio in there too. It helps you burn a lot of calories so you get rid of the fat and work on the muscle underneath. I love it.