Just Started

Options
Hi Everyone,

Found the site by accident, but it couldn't have come at a better time. I love being able to track everything I eat--very helpful and eye-opening. Hopefully these last 15 pounds will now come off.

I'm 45, have three kids, hubby and dog. While I try to eat healthfully each day, it's tough when hubby likes to bring in key lime pie, cookies, and other assorted junk. When I find myself gravitating to the junk, I cut up fruit and veggies to juice. I don't know what I'd do without my juicer.

Hope you all had a great day.

Replies

• sydenham24
    sydenham24 Posts: 33
    Options
    Jenn - welcome! thanks for your email. you sound very positive, which is the best thing!
  • jenaranda
    jenaranda Posts: 32
    Options
    I hear you about the junk food, my husband brought in a dozen crispy cream donuts this evening. Of course I did not touch any, but it makes it so hard.

I always reach for one of my special k snack bars or protein water---I love this stuff

Good luck with you weight loss journey:bigsmile:
  • yolie1220
    yolie1220 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I agree with the "hubby sabotage". Yesterday I was so good all day long and he comes home from work with an apple fritter from the best donut shop in downtown Seattle. I could have killed him because of course I ate it. Then today I decided no more junk and we went to the local farmer's market to load up on fruit.

I guess the boys don't understand that women are wired a bit differently. He can have one donut or one cookie and stop. I on the other hand will eat one after the other until I feel physically nauseous sometimes. It's not fair! :grumble:
  • junkgypsy
    junkgypsy Posts: 217
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love this site if you don't already. I :heart: it here. This site is so motivational, helpful, supportive, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you that I hope you have a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • JennCh
    JennCh Posts: 63
    Options
    Thanks for the welcomes everyone. I do think this will be just what I needed. I started working out with home DVDs January 1, 2009, and I lost twelve pounds with those. Hubby and I did our own biggest losers--he chose a treadmill and I chose the DVDs. After 90 days, I won though he has quite a bit more to lose than I do. He sabotages himself terribly with the junk food. I'm determined enough not to touch it, but he can't stay away from it. I just don't know how to help him. I even showed him this site, thinking he might join me and start tracking everything he eats. He basically just blew me off. I think he may be afraid to see just how much he consumes each day. It is very scary admitting to eating more than what we thought.

Any suggestions from those of you who are dealing with the same thing would be very welcome.

Now, I'm off to get my walk/jog in. After the 90 days, I switched to the treadmill and have been logging 4 to 6 miles a day. Now that it's been the second 90 days, I'm thinking of switching back to the DVDs just to change things up again.