SlimFast

Options
Hey loves,
Has anyone tried SlimFast before?? Any results??
Any answer would be great.
Feel free to add me if you want :)

Replies

• ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I love the chocolate flavor. I mix in some frozen strawberries and whip it up in the blender. Like a chocolate strawberry milkshake. Or vanilla with strawberries, or frozen blueberries. It makes a big glass full and it fills me up.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    overpriced, processed garbage
  • shanda130
    shanda130 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I agree its crap I gained on it its loaded wit sugar. U need a protine shake that's healthy like visalus I've lost my first 20 lbs using that.only
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I agree with shanda and uponthisrock. You can make a healthy, nutritious meal for about the same calories as SlimFast and it isn't just sugary crap and would probably be cheaper too.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Hey loves,
    Has anyone tried SlimFast before?? Any results??
    Any answer would be great.
    Feel free to add me if you want :)

If you're looking for short term weight loss with a long term gain. PERFECT!

I tried it once. It does nothing to help you learn how to be healthy or lose weight in the long term.
  • radiantlybelle
    Options
    OHHHHH! Because I bought it yesterday and was gonna only use it as a breakfast since I hate eating solid foods in the morning :-/
  • bjfrezell
    Options
    Once your slim fast supply ends, maybe try switching to protein smoothies instead?
  • radiantlybelle
    Options
    Yes, I'm gonna try fruit smoothies instead! I feel like I gave into the false advertisement of slim fast lol
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    My dad uses slim fast every morning to maintain his weight loss. He also successfully lost using slim fast, but you need to TRULY follow the progam, no cheating. And when you stop completely it comes back. You're stuck on it for a long time if you chose to use it.
    Be careful with fruit smoothies, they are full of sugar! Can cause a nasty sugar drop halfway through the morning without protein mixed in.
  • jryan12341
    jryan12341 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I agree its crap I gained on it its loaded wit sugar. U need a protine shake that's healthy like visalus I've lost my first 20 lbs using that.only

Where would I find visalus??
  • jgirl09
    Options
    I have Lean Shake protein mix that you can get online or at the store through GNC, I only do it for mornings every now and then for whenever I just want something quick. Slim Fast is just full of sugar like the others said.
  • frescalol
    Options
    The Slimfast shakes are what... 200cal with 8oz of skim milk? i think there is 6g of sugar in the actual powder itself. 5g of fiber. A bunch of vitamins. They're designed to replace a meal right...

Its 10bucks for a 14 serving can of it. 14 meals replaced for 10 bucks?

Sounds legit to me. I use it. You have to remember that its a meal replacement shake, not a snack. Count your calories and keep track of things and i don't see anything wrong with it.

And apparently it keeps you full if you drink water in the hours after drinking the shake... because of the fiber in it? Idk i heard that somewhere.
  • samanthahg1977
    Options
    What is the idea of protein shakes...why are they so popular, what good do they do...Are they beneficial...what is the point of them...i keep seeing them mentioned but thought they were....for body builders???:tongue:
  • ElPumaMex
    ElPumaMex Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    The Slimfast shakes are what... 200cal with 8oz of skim milk? i think there is 6g of sugar in the actual powder itself. 5g of fiber. A bunch of vitamins. They're designed to replace a meal right...

Its 10bucks for a 14 serving can of it. 14 meals replaced for 10 bucks?

Sounds legit to me. I use it. You have to remember that its a meal replacement shake, not a snack. Count your calories and keep track of things and i don't see anything wrong with it.

And apparently it keeps you full if you drink water in the hours after drinking the shake... because of the fiber in it? Idk i heard that somewhere.

200 calories does not sound to me to be the equivalent of a meal, even if your calorie goal is 1200 a day...
    I am sure you are not suggesting one can have 3 of those shakes and call it a day

I have read a bit on the Slimfast "plan", and they propose for the day:

1) Snacks
    Pick three nourishing snacks a day – Slim·Fast 100-calorie snack bars, nuts, fruits and/or veggies

2) Shakes and meal bars
    Choose two Slim·Fast shakes or meal bars.

3) A balanced meal of 500 calories
    Enjoy one 500-calorie balanced meal per day. Our recipes are specifically designed by our Test Kitchens to provide delicious-tasting, 500-calorie meals that you can enjoy at home

So you will be spending a lot more than 10 bucks, after purchasing the snacks and meal bars.
    And their plan encourages you to buy their products for snacks, shakes, bars and even the balanced meal !
    Does not sound like a good deal to me
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    you're meant to have 2 shakes, 3 x 100 calorie snacks and a meal at dinnertime. I have them with semi skimmed milk cos I can't stand skimmed, its only a few more calories and then dinner is salad or vegetables with fish (not batter or breadcrumbs) or lean chicken or turkey breast.

Sometimes I only use it as a quick shake at breakfast with a banana if I don't have time to eat before I go out. I'm thinking of sticking to it strictly cos can get 2 tubs for £10 and last like 12 meals twice a day can't buy 2 weeks breakfast cereals and lunches for that! .. and I'm short of cash cos my money hasn't gone in! :sad:
  • 11Jayme11
    11Jayme11 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm gonna try fruit smoothies instead! I feel like I gave into the false advertisement of slim fast lol

Its not false advertisment, you will lose weight... but not the right way, and youll gain it all right back. Unless you plan on drinking Slimfast for the rest of your life anyways. IMO
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    kinda waste of my money, IMO. and... it doesn't make me feel full... lol
  • spottedlee
    Options
    What is the idea of protein shakes...why are they so popular, what good do they do...Are they beneficial...what is the point of them...i keep seeing them mentioned but thought they were....for body builders???:tongue:
    Bodybuildiner only = Myth!

many of us drink it for three main reasons...
    one, it's filling,,
    two, it repairs overworked muscle when you are excerising
    three,,, very high in protein,, must have in your diet. it was said, the more protein you ate/drink, the better it is for your body
  • beverlywu
    beverlywu Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    the 3-2-1 chocolatey royale meal replacement shakes in canada are 276 cals.

I bought a bunch to kick start my diet ...but i really don't do well with large amounts of sugary stuff. And they leave me hungry!

So I haven't touched them since january - I still keep a couple bottles in my office drawer for emergencies.

It really was a natural progression to 1200 cals of real, more filling food, (which still includes carb-y goodness and chocolatey items).

I stuck with the 3 meals, 3 snacks idea though and that works for me.
  • 1Timothy4v8
    1Timothy4v8 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    When I was a teen I tried it...... I gained like 20 pounds lol there REALLY REALLY GOOD!

So I would say for those that are ok with eating fewer meals then o.k. but if you like to eat you might wind up eating meals and drinking the slim, cause you know the Slim Fast is supposed to be in replace of a meal.

Also I personaly don't think suppluments are very healthy I am the get the good stuff stright from the sourse kinda person