Here we go again!

Options
Hello all!

I'm new to this forum but an expert at trying I lose weight. I say 'trying', and what I mean is, I try and try and try...
Never works, but if they gave grades for aspiration I'd be an A*. Hell, I'd be a size zero!

As it is, I'm a UK size 26 and weigh 304lb. Thankfully I'm reasonably tall or I'd probably look much worse.

This is my third proper attempt at weight loss. In the past I've managed to lose about 3 stone on two separate occasions, but both times gained it back. I'm now doing much more exercise though so I'm hoping that will help. 2 dance classes, Tai Chi and occasional gym sessions in a week have got to start paying off some time, haven't they???...

Also helps that my place of work has a free gym and free fruit, although they spoil that by sitting me close to the vending machines. :D

Anyway, I don't have a final goal but want to lose 50lb to start with. Anything I manage is a definite bonus at this size and every pound counts toward my overall health. I started using the App a week ago and have lost 4 pounds as of today!! Definitely one of my better starts!

I also have a Morrocan desert holiday planned for October and I don't want to squash the camels! That's my main inspiration at this point.

Replies

• jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Here we go again is my "motto" on my home page. I don't have as much to lose as you do, but I also seem to be in a constant pattern of on-again, off-again with the healthy eating thing.

There are so many things that make me jump off the wagon... stress at work, social outings, beer, short winter days, being lonely (at times), being bored... seems like it should be easier than it is, but it's not.

I do find that logging helps keep me accountable to myself in a way that's more tangible than if I'm not logging. I'm really good at compartmentalizing things, so it's easy for me to "forget" those 4 cookies I just ate at lunch, but I'm a touch OCD so I can't not log them either.

Yes... I'm a touch neurotic I guess, but aren't we all??

Feel free to add me as a friend... I won't burn, insult you or say mean things, but I do try to keep my friends circle small so that I can interact with and motivate people regularly.
  • Ladylusiphur
    Ladylusiphur Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Good to know that we all have the same hurdles to overcome, however much we have to lose.
    Being bored is definitely my biggest enemy as I tend to eat extra when I'm waiting for my Husband to come home from work or just watching tv. I've started doing a few arts and crafts to keep me occupied. Also started playing Wii dance games, they're pretty addictive!

Definitely need people to keep me motivated. I'm ok at this short term but need to go for the long haul. Doesn't help that my friend has lost 2.5 stone so has a big head start. I need to catch up!
  • baloncolt
    Options
    I'm here to motivate! Because I like to be motivated myself....
    Good Luck
  • Ekoria
    Ekoria Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Heya I definitely feel your pain!

I have yoyo dieted and my weight fluctuates from around 12 stone to about 8 and half. I mainly eat out of boredom too,and being stuck in an office (sat on my bum) and using the office "tuck shop" too much!

I hope you find this site useful,I haven't been here long but it seems to be helping me :)

Feel free to add me as a friend,I'm always happy to drop in the occasional motivational speech if it is needed/wanted.

Good luck :)