CARBS IN THE EVENING

Options
hi, does anyone here limit carbs by a certain time? not carbs from fruits or veggies, but the whole grain/wheat carbs... some say they find it better to stop eating whole grain carbs by 2pm.. some still have grains for dinner.. just woundering some opinions here

Replies

• AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    hi, does anyone here limit carbs by a certain time? not carbs from fruits or veggies, but the whole grain/wheat carbs... some say they find it better to stop eating whole grain carbs by 2pm.. some still have grains for dinner.. just woundering some opinions here
    Myth.

I consume 90% of my carbs an hour before. So, right now that is 200grams of carbs just before bed. Do I get fat? Nope, been dropping around a pound and a half per week.
  • Destiny424
    Destiny424 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Myth.

I consume 90% of my carbs an hour before. So, right now that is 200grams of carbs just before bed. Do I get fat? Nope, been dropping around a pound and a half per week.

thankyou for the response, I guess everyone is different.. but this helps alot, sometimes I get worried I will be heavier the following morning if I have a whole wheat sandwich for dinner lol
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I eat carbs in the evening, carbs in the morning, carbs in the afternoon! I do not, however, eat them with a cat.

But that's because cats are gross.
  • _persephone_
    _persephone_ Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    It makes no difference...your metabolism does not know what time it is. Also, some people find that carbs in the evening help them sleep. It's all personal preference.
  • Fat2FitChick
    Fat2FitChick Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Personally I try to eat all my carbs earlier in the day. I find that when I do this I get better results with my weight loss. It works for me so I keep it going! I do have my days when I want carbs for dinner and I will have some but for the most part I eat them earlier in the day when I can.
  • Destiny424
    Destiny424 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I eat carbs in the evening, carbs in the morning, carbs in the afternoon! I do not, however, eat them with a cat.

lol awesome
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options

Meanie! Cats are lovely. Not for eating, mind ;)

I eat carbs whenever, some people swear their weight losses are due to cutting carbs after a certain time, but it's just a placebo effect. It's all about calories in/out, not when certain food groups are eaten.
  • EthanJeremiahsMama
    EthanJeremiahsMama Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE whole grain carbs! I'm not sure if it really makes a difference, but what works for others might not work for you. Most of the time, if it fits within my cals/macros and if i'm craving carbs, as long as it's healthy I find that it doesn't bother me to have a whole grain sandwich at night or a few rice cakes.. or brown rice with chicken, etc :) lol
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

Absolutely, i never have carbs after i go to bed, anytime other then when i'm sleeping is fair game
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Myth.

thankyou for the response, I guess everyone is different.. but this helps alot, sometimes I get worried I will be heavier the following morning if I have a whole wheat sandwich for dinner lol
    How is everyone different?

It would work for everyone.
  • lilojoke
    lilojoke Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I like to eat a peanut butter sandwich before bed as it makes me sleep better. no difference when you eat carbs or any other nutrient.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options

Assuming we are only isolating the timing of the carbs and not changing total daily intake, this quote is 100% correct.
  • sarahgloria115
    Options
    just saw on Dr.Oz yesterday that if u use almond butter ur supposed to sleep better bc ur blood sugar stays steady through the night..might not solve the carb problem but could be helpful none the less
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    just saw on Dr.Oz yesterday that if u use almond butter ur supposed to sleep better bc ur blood sugar stays steady through the night..might not solve the carb problem but could be helpful none the less

I mean this in the nicest way possible: Please do not take anything Dr Oz says as being valid as it pertains to nutritional or dietary information. The vast majority of what he says is misleading.
  • sarahgloria115
    Options
    Also on Dr.Oz he recommends Pumpernickel bread he rated that as better then whole wheat bread bc of how it breaks down in your body... could be a better option if your still gonna have a sandwich:)
  • MeowserKitty
    Options
    Myth.

I think that difference in preference (Some people feel weighed down by carbs, affecting sleep, etc.) is there but chemically in your body it would be the same.
  • sarahgloria115
    Options
    NO offense at all ... seemed valid but of course as we're all collecting as much nutritional knowledge from as many outlets as seem helpful, if interested be sure to look into and double check "facts" :)
  • alexsmith01
    alexsmith01 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Myth.

Dinner isn't the same for me without carbs, and they help you get to sleep so seems silly to cut them out at that time!
  • alexsmith01
    alexsmith01 Posts: 350 Member
    Options

Meanie! Cats are lovely. Not for eating, mind ;)

I eat carbs whenever, some people swear their weight losses are due to cutting carbs after a certain time, but it's just a placebo effect. It's all about calories in/out, not when certain food groups are eaten.

I love my cat!
    Perhaps some people overeat carbs with dinner? I think a lot of people cut down on the wrong types of carbs as well, wholegrain breads, rice etc isn't bad for you, but too much sugar is..
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    If I eat a ton of carbs, it makes me sleepy. So I prefer to do that in the evening. :) I have not had any trouble losing weight.