MFP, your new social network?

Options

Replies

• annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    MFP dominates my time over Facebook, Google+, and Twitter combined. The others still serve a useful purpose but I can go days without logging into them. I don't miss a day on MFP as it is directly tied to my health and fitness. That's the hook right there.
    this! I love that this keeps me motivated and I have such great friends too!
  • sunrise611
    sunrise611 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of FB but it kind of reconnected me to old friends and relatives. I say 'kind of' because I am rarely on FB and don't really communicate often with anyone there and didn't even before I discovered this site.

However, I am on here every day anyway to log my food and exercise and stay accountable throughout the day and enjoy encouraging friends on here and having their support as well. This is way better and more supportive than FB.

I have a Twitter account and never use it. Hate it and think it's a really stupid, boring site. Does anyone really read tweets? Who has time for that? Not sure why it's so popular. (No offense to anyone who enjoys it or has time to read tweets.)
  • brandimacleod
    brandimacleod Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    facebook for fat people,lol

LOL! That's what I call it too! I love MFP for just that reason...I am a FAT PERSON trying to learn how to be a THIN PERSON, because I have no idea how to do that, I need more than a diet. Everyone here are teaching me how to acheive the mindset and lifestyle to be that thin person while they are going through the exact same struggles I am.
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Same here. I hardly ever go on other social networking sites ever since i discovered MFP.I log in here several times a day.
  • gregavila
    gregavila Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I tend to spend more time here than Facebook these days...
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Yes. I log in faithfully on MFP. I went one week where I didn't go on FB and I posted to say hi and and no one commented or liked my post.... Only my mom :/ ...... Yea I come on here and I wake up to everyone telling me have a great day, etc. So.... I don't go on FB at all...I completely <3 MFP :) and if it wasn't for MFP I wouldn't have lost weight, eat better, exercise regularly again, and meet the greatest people on this planet! :)
  • adamsilva
    adamsilva Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    agreed! FB is boring serves a purpose. Loving MFP ! All my MFP friends are great people and always encouraging and I DONT EVEN KNOW THEM! 80% MFP 10% FB 10% TWIT
  • TwistedBanana
    Options
    I go on FB when MFP doesn't have enough updates fast enough for me, but MFP is my preferred site :wink: I just love all the positivity and the great advice and all the love :) oh and it's filled with so many more "real" people. At least my pals seem very open and honest and I just love them all :heart:
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I just love it when people on FB are posting various nutritional myths randomly. Don't want to get too technical on their arses :tongue:

MFP for me for sure!
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I check FB every day but I spend more time on here. I like the support from my MFP friends because we're all in the same boat. If I mentioned my weight loss or anything related on FB I'd be fighting off the tumbleweed. It's just not interesting enough... although photos of cats and info about the colour of someone's kid's poop is :/

FB is great for keeping in touch with friends far away but I rarely share my weight stuff on there because it's not really relevant to my FB peeps. I'd feel like I was bragging or boring everyone to tears.
  • SilverStrychnine
    SilverStrychnine Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Totally.

Even all my status updates are done through MFP. And I share EVERYTHING I do on here.
  • Kaylee_law_123
    Kaylee_law_123 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I love how everyone is sooooo positive on here, it brightens my day, whereas that other site everyone moans about their lives! I love it on MFP and love checking on what everyone is up to :-)

Anyone feel free to add me to increase MFP social network!
  • ajd241
    ajd241 Posts: 76
    Options
    I hear you! I have noticed the same thing with me recently!
  • jankleberry
    Options
    Much prefer MFP to facebook these days. Can actually relate to people on here.
  • avafrisbee
    avafrisbee Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I've only been on here two weeks (starting my third) but yeah, I'm here more than FB. I leave MFP up all day. FB is up only when I get an email notification or I want to play solitare.
  • 2012x
    2012x Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Recently deleted my fb id been hacked so no longer like it.
  • sprincess88
    sprincess88 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    This is my homepage. I spend WAY more time on mfp than anything else. This is the only reason I even turn the computer on LOL. Sure I play a few games of tetris or words with friends :smile: since i got the internet going, but that is about it for fb. I feel encouraged every time I get on mfp!
  • RainbowBrite86
    RainbowBrite86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I am on MFP more than FB. I have shared more intimate details on MFP than any other site. lol.
  • Thad81
    Thad81 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Personally I like my MFP friends better than people I actually know on FB! So yeah this in my new social network!
  • Bagman12002
    Bagman12002 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I'm on MFP way more than facebook. This is a part of my life that my real life friends don't know about, and I feel like I can relate to people here dealing with the same issues. It's a wonderful safe place :)

Ditto