Blood Type Diet --- it's really helped me...

Options
I just wanted to share that I began the blood type diet (as found here http://www.drlam.com/blood_type_diet/ ) at the beginning of September and I've really seen the weight drop off since...

Good luck to all - Happy Holidays and stay healthy...

- Eric

Replies

• andy_gilfrin
    Options
    Fantastic news, well done to you, I wanted to get in before all the doubters to say the following.

The biggest thing is to find a diet that works for you, even if to some people it doesn't seem to make sense or it's not for them. I'm not claiming that about the blood type diet as I know nothing about it. Forget about what other people say and do what your body is telling you is the right thing, everybody is different so one single bit of advice doesn't work for all.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you for finding a way to make your calorie deficit! Doesn't matter what method you use as they all share the same end goal!
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you for finding a way to make your calorie deficit! Doesn't matter what method you use as they all share the same end goal!

lol
  • Skinny_Kitty
    Skinny_Kitty Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Awesome! My friend has lost a ton of weight on the blood type diet. I don't follow it strictly (type O+ - the Hunter type) as I love my carbs and dairy... but I do try to eat a bit more protien and then everything in moderation.

Keep it up!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Yikes!! That site tells me to restrict most of the things I eat the most. :frown:
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Yikes!! That site tells me to restrict most of the things I eat the most. :frown:

I eat everything it tells me not to :frown: , but I think my "eat whatever I want as long as it fits my calories and macros" diet is working well.

OP: Congrats to you for finding a eating plan that works for you. :flowerforyou:
  • busterbluth
    busterbluth Posts: 115 Member
    Options

lol

8 million people in the US with eating disorders would agree!
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    You got tricked into eating less. WTG.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options

If it takes being tricked, then at least the calorie deficit is there! I agree the idea is crap, but, hey, whatever makes a person make that deficit is all good! :D
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    OMG, that diet tells me that I have to NEVER eat cabbage, brussels sprouts, cauliflower, mustard green, kelp, seafood, iodized salt, grains, legumes, beans, all dairy and eggs, oranges, tangerines and strawberries, blackberries, all condiments, and tea.

Yeah, I'd lose weight on that diet too...cause I wouldn't be allowed fo effin EAT.
  • hklaquadra
    Options
    I know this post thread is a couple months old, but I just joined MFP and did a post search about this diet to see what other people thought about it. I happen to like it a lot and it has really helped me just to feel better and have less gastric/dietary issues. I do believe that people have different body chemistries and it could be plausible that it is partly tied to blood type. A lot of people say weight is partly genetic and so is your blood type. I realize that following it strictly may not make sense for each individual, but at least it's a starting point. I started out following strictly but then added and deleted items to find a balance between going by the book and what I can live with.

As far as "calorie deficit", I don't attribute my weight loss solely to the Blood Type diet because there is plenty of stuff on my food list that I can eat that will pack on the pounds. I attribute it to actually counting the damn things!
  • AFGyrl
    AFGyrl Posts: 34 Member
    Options

me too! im B+ . What's left to eat?!!!
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    This.

They all are scams. Fast oxidizer, metabolic, stars in the sky diet.
  • MsTanya77
    MsTanya77 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I believe there is some truth to the blood type diet, because it actually didn't make me eat less, but it did help to eat cleaner. As a Type A positive blood, I couldn't eat any red meats, certain seafoods, white potatoes, coffee, etc. And speaking as a female, it helped my cycles TREMENDOUSLY. My only complaint about it, is that it is SOOOOOO expensive to maintain. You can't eat normal flour, so you have to buy things like Spelt flour which is $5.00 a bag, and Ezekiel bread which is $4.00 per loaf. Also all of the olive oils you have to cook with, it can be a pretty pricey diet. But for the one time I tried it, it did wonders for me health wise.........I didn't maintain it because I was moving and you have to cook ALOT on this diet and I just didn't have the time do all that, but I would recommend it for ppl who have food allergies and other diet-related ailments.
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    A sincere congrats on your weight loss.

I don't believe in the blood type diet- it seems arbitrarily restrictive and based on a poor understanding of human physiology- but it's not necessarily an unhealthy approach and if it helped you, I'm happy for you.
  • kcobrien525
    Options
    I've actually read a lot about this blood type diet. I had some neighbors that tried it and the girl lost over 30 lbs in two months and her husband which was pretty thin and muscular when he started also lost about 15 lbs. She then told me about the Genotype diet that builds off of blood type diet and it gathers random information about your body structure. It tells you if your a hunter, a gatherer, or a teacher etc. and builds a list of foods to avoid and a list of foods that would be beneficial to you. I found it really interesting. Once my neighbor started the genotype diet she ended up dropping another 30 lbs. I have never seen her so vibrant before. I think I am going to take another look at this now that you've mentioned it. Thanks.
  • hklaquadra
    Options
    I've actually read a lot about this blood type diet. I had some neighbors that tried it and the girl lost over 30 lbs in two months and her husband which was pretty thin and muscular when he started also lost about 15 lbs. She then told me about the Genotype diet that builds off of blood type diet and it gathers random information about your body structure. It tells you if your a hunter, a gatherer, or a teacher etc. and builds a list of foods to avoid and a list of foods that would be beneficial to you. I found it really interesting. Once my neighbor started the genotype diet she ended up dropping another 30 lbs. I have never seen her so vibrant before. I think I am going to take another look at this now that you've mentioned it. Thanks.

I definitely think that your body chemistry plays a major role in your weight. So if that chemistry is tied to blood type and/or genotype wouldn't that make sense? After all, there has to be something to it when one person can eat a loaf of bread and lots of pasta and not have any negative effects, and another person who eats the exact same way will have health issues and gain weight. It's not just the food and the exercise, it's something within each individual's body that also plays a part. You just have to find the right combination of all three aspects for your body, food-activity-chemistry. :flowerforyou:
  • akf2000
    akf2000 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    err yeah, I like this Wiki quote ".. by limiting the very complex human beings to just four limiting stereotypes, the blood type diet has been likened to a "blood type astrology"