Someone help me cut out CARBS!!!!! =(

Options
my diary is open to view!

my typical day usually looks like this:

~ breakfast: oatmeal and a small egg white scramble with spinach & mushrooms
~ lunch: whole wheat sandwich with turkey, lettuce, cucumbers, avocado, tomatoes, onions and mustard
~ dinner: whole wheat sandwich with all natural peanut butter
~ snacks: fat free greek yogurt, pb with apple slices, carrots and hommus

i'm always up on carbs by at least 150g a day. I can say that I am getting at least 90grams of protein but I can't let go of the carbs from whole grains.. is this bad?? DOES ANYONE EAT ALOT OF WHOLE GRAIN CARBS AND HAS LOST WEIGHT??

Replies

• DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I eat tons of carbs,ive lost 60 pounds and am now working on the last 30ish
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Don't worry yourself too much. There is no need to cut out carbs as long as you're getting enough protein and fat, which is sounds like you are. 150g isn't a terrible large amount either.
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    You can drop the oatmeal from breakfast and add more eggs, and not just the whites to fill you up more. If you have a sandwich for lunch, don't have another one for dinner. Focus more on lean meats and non starchy vegetables(no potatoes, winter squashes). Your snacks are not bad imo. You can play around with your diet and see what works for you. Low carb is not the only way to lose weight, You still need to keep calorie intake under control. But those are some of the ways to cut carbs.
  • Abrasue
    Abrasue Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm on a low carb clean diet. I take in about 30g of carbs a day right now. I'm in ketosis right now where my body is using fat to flue (that you eat or your own, hint hint) insead of carbs. I eat a lot of veggies and cheese oh and of course chicken and tuna. I'm also taking in my weight in protein too. It works great for me and burns fat up quick. It takes real dedication but the results are worth it.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    If that's you in the picture, I'd venture to say your diet is working out fantastically.
  • Abrasue
    Options
    It is and thanks lol.
  • Abrasue
    Options
    Also, if you factor in your fiber, 1g of fiber cancels out 1g of carbs.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Complex carbs are good for you. You need them to make ATP, which you need for your cells to function!
  • hklaquadra
    Options
    try a plate of spaghetti squash with pesto sauce for dinner instead of the peanut butter sandwich. peanut butter can have a lot of hidden sugars, depends on what kind you buy.
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Get rid of the bread.
    Work in some more avocado, virgin olive oil or coconut oil to replace the calories.
  • Abrasue
    Options
    Where do you get or how do you make squash spaghetti? Mmm :)
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Why..? You can lose weight eating them.
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    What's everybody got against carbs? I like carbs. I also eat them and I have also lost an entire human beings worth of weight.

Just eat healthy and aim to hit the macros set up for you (carbs, fat and proteins)
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Complex carbs are good for you. You need them to make ATP, which you need for your cells to function!

That's partially true. There is a process which ATP can be made out of fats or proteins, but it's much less efficient. The process is called gluconeogenesis.
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options

ATP is made from fats and protein aswell. I agree complex carbs are good but some people overdo them - not the original poster at 150g.
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I :heart: carbs
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    If someone is losing weight, retaining muscle (or gaining some muscle) and feels great eating a tonne of carbs then no need to limit carbs. Some people handle carbs better than others. Also, exercise improves your ability to handle carbs better.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I get 200g+ per day. Why do you think you should cut out carbs?
  • IBrakeForWolves
    Options
    Spaghetti squash is a type of squash that comes out in strands like spaghetti once it's cooked. It's delightful with a tasty homemade sauce. :D I just had it for dinner, actually.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    There is a low carb group on MFP maybe you should look there!