Cravings anyone?!

Options
So I have the worst sweet tooth cravings...It seems like no matter what time of day it is, I crave sugar. When I'm trying to watch what I'm eating it's worse, because I view all sweets as "bad" which doesn't help. I also seem to crave sweets when I am stressed....

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to curb sweet tooth cravings???

Thanks! :)

Replies

• dachinababe
    dachinababe Posts: 185
    Options
    I love frozen grapes, sugar free jello,sugar free pudding, a cup of green tea with honey, dark chocolate,frozen watermelon,frozen honey dew and even frozen apple...it really helps my sweet tooth. GL
  • Sebidian
    Sebidian Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Not sure how long you've been trying to cut down on sugar - if you are just starting it does seem to get a little bit better after awhile. However I do keep sugarless gum handy for cravings that pop up.
  • tonyacochran
    Options
    Something that is really great is two slightly melted sugar free fudge pops with a little bit of free cool whip mix it up and it taste like ice cream.
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    im craving french fries and burgers right now :( lol

230130.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • Mandahh
    Mandahh Posts: 1
    Options
    ohhh yeah, I definitely have those cravings... :-/
    I like to have those crystal light on the go packets. They are only 5-10 calories, and way sweet, and you're drinking water too. So it's a double plus. Or I'll have a piece of dark chocolate.
  • ludy3tudi
    ludy3tudi Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the Kashi Dark Chocolate Cherry TLC Bars? 120 calories, 2 g fat 24 g carbs, 4 g fiber & 5 protein. All of Kashi I've tried has been great. The Tasty Little Chewies are addictive. They are good. Trail Mix TLC is good too.
  • Raches5638
    Raches5638 Posts: 18
    Options
    Thanks for all the tips! :)
  • ludy3tudi
    ludy3tudi Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You are welcome!

Got another I tried last night & turned out pretty good.

Chocolate Cool Whip on Cinnamon Graham Crackers

1 sheet broken in half with 2 Tbsps of Cool Whip between two layers
    lay flat in a dish to freeze overnight.

Like a fudge sickle ice cream sandwich
  • Ten10
    Ten10 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: substitute those craving for fresh fruit and if you have to give into that temptation have a healthy portion of it so that you don't feel guilty. The worst you can do is associate treating yourself with cheating, because you have worked hard and you deserve it. Good Luck!!! :flowerforyou:
  • AshleyVeronica
    AshleyVeronica Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Cravings get met every time.
    I am always craving SOMETHING. I feel like such a cow for it too because even if we just ate something, there will be something new I suddenly want and meanwhile everyone else is always stuffed...with me....there is always more room. I am seriously a bottomless pit.
  • schubele
    schubele Posts: 20
    Options
    I have those cravings as well but usually right around that time of the month. However this month has been worst than most. In fact I was craving homemade caramels so I just had to make some. Problem was I was on a steady track to finising them all off. I finally ate a few and while I wasnt craving them I filled the pan with water so I couldnt eat them anymore. Hope your cravings are better managed than mine.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    You should check out some of the delicious frozen yogurt flavors out there. Way better than ice cream and less fat. :)
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I find when I eat something sweet, even fruit, it increases my appetite - must be all that insulin my body is dumping. I do better with a couple of pieces of really dark chocolate, or sweet combined with protein. Cereal, strawberries and milk works better for me than just the fruit. Or banana/apple with peanut butter.
  • Raches5638
    Raches5638 Posts: 18
    Options
    Cravings get met every time.
    I am always craving SOMETHING. I feel like such a cow for it too because even if we just ate something, there will be something new I suddenly want and meanwhile everyone else is always stuffed...with me....there is always more room. I am seriously a bottomless pit.

I feel like I'm reading about myself! I am the same way. Sometimes I want to hide eating food because I don't want my husband to think I'm crazy for still being "hungry" or still wanting more. I think there's lots of great suggestions that people gave on what to do with sweet cravings and I'm going to try some. Thanks for sharing your honest feelings, and know you are definitely not alone!