Someone help me cut out CARBS!!!!! =(

Options
2»

Replies

• suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I get 200g+ per day. Why do you think you should cut out carbs?

If you plateau. Saying that some folks that low carb and hit a plateau start seeing results again when they add back some carbs - particularly if they are exercising a fair bit.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'm around 250 carbs for today. I'm happy.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    If you're wanting lower carbs, cutting out most grains will usually do the trick. I'm not against low carbs. There's been proof that it can work, but I personally don't dig it.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    I'm looking at your profile and am somewhat questioning why you are trying to lose any further. 18% BF is already fairly low- well beyond "fitness" and into "athlete" range. Also your diary looks fantastic.

If you really want to lose further, I wouldn't stress horribly about carbs, though it does look like you eat some breads which you can get rid of pretty easily and replace with other things like proteins and fats. But I think you look pretty fantastic- both physically and in your eating habits. Don't stress so much.
  • tarzan4
    Options
    wow you look great!!!! trying to have my carbs after 4 pm. whats the name of this diet?
  • FitAtFifteen
    Options
    I eat a lot of carbs, but then again I am not really affected by them. (: anyway, I guess you can try to focus on protein and other things like that but your diary looks awesome! :D
  • tammeegirl
    tammeegirl Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Whenever I do eat BREAD, I only eat one slice I either fold it in half with toppings inside, or eat whatever it is open face. Great way to keep those carbs down..
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Whenever I do eat BREAD, I only eat one slice I either fold it in half with toppings inside, or eat whatever it is open face. Great way to keep those carbs down..

yeh, that's what I do. I also put my bread in freezer as I have been known to eat heaps of slices with butter and Vegemite. It just doesnt fill me up.
  • palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I am typically under my carbs, you can check out my food diary if you want. I still eat breads, thin pizza and fruits, etc. and don't seem to have a problem
  • 0EmmeNicole0
    0EmmeNicole0 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Also, if you factor in your fiber, 1g of fiber cancels out 1g of carbs.

That's good to know !!
  • wroethel
    Options
    How about replacing one of your sandwiches (dinner or lunch) with some grilled chicken/fish and a double serving of vegetables like steamed broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, carrots, zucchini, squash... That should cut your carbs on that meal roughly in half.
  • jbella99
    jbella99 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I eat lots of carbs, only whole grain and as clean as possible, Try changing the bran of bread. check the label to see if the used refined flour. or get a bread maker and make your own. Search for Clean Eating breads on google.
  • Yunis10
    Yunis10 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Your diet looks really good.
    Cutting carbs is the only way I can drop pounds. Maybe replacing the sandwich for dinner w/lettuce wraps w/veggies. I can only do one whole grain meal per day, the rest is fruits, veggies, esp legumes.
    Hope you find something that works for you =)
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    What you're eating is fine. Don't falling into the hype of needing to cut carbs. Maintain a caloric deficit and the weight will come off. No point changing up a diet you seem to stick to for a diet of "low carbs".

Enjoy your bread.