Jillian Micheals

Options
Hi everyone! I've been doing Jillian videos for awhile now and i'm never sure how many calories i'm burning! I know the amount is different for everyone but if i'm doing the workouts full out... i'm 130lbs and 5 foot 6. right now i'm doing the killer buns and thighs video. thanks for your help :)

Replies

• ashiggins
    ashiggins Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I typically log it as circuit training minus the time for warm up/cool down (just to be on the safe side). I also adjust the calories based on how hard I felt I worked, but I typically put in full effort as you said you do. However, you are pretty fit based on your height and weight, so you will probably burn less than someone larger than you. Killer buns and thighs is really tough, more resistance than cardio though, so an estimate of 250 cals burned for 30 minutes may be close. Many people are going to say to get a heart rate monitor, but the good ones are expensive and, if you're like me, you may not have the money for one at the moment. Most importantly, if you tend to eat back exercise calories, try to underestimate :) Good luck!
  • gracewin0910
    Options
    awesome thanks so much! i had looked up what other people burnt using jill, and some were up to 500! i didnt think that was right, just hoped :)
  • ashiggins
    ashiggins Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    You're welcome :) If you did a straight 50-60 minutes of Jillian you would probably burn 500 cals, but not in 25-30 minutes (I wish that were true too!!!!).