Girl Scout Cookies.... Those evil little *bleeps*

Options
It is the time of year where cute little girls in the cute little uniforms peddle extremely over priced minature boxes of cookies....

It is sooo hard to resist and say NO!

My little cousins both attempted to get me to purchase... 3 people at work attempted to get me to purches.... I resisted....

What is it about these amazing little cookies that make them hard to resist?

If I open a box they are gone in less then 2 hrs.

Also how is it possible to get 70 calories in 1 bite sized cookie? Is it pure lard and sugar?

Thus ends my rant on girl scout cookies.... what are your thoughts?

Made by the devil treats or tasty delights?

Replies

• nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I get guilted into buying them by my coworkers....I only buy flavors that I don't like (lemon ew) and send them off to work with my husband.

It's when the box of cookies is open in the office (caramel delights....drool) that I get in trouble.....
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I saved up my calories so I could eat my box of Tagalongs this weekend. :) They're good, and 70 calories is pretty reasonable for a cookie, isn't it? If you don't want to eat them, maybe you could just donate money to the Girl Scouts when they ask? You don't have to take the cookies.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    The old vanilla ones use to be delicious. They're just not the same anymore. I use to HAVE to have them and now I just don't care.
  • meganlee90
    Options
    haha i know how you feel! i got 2 boxes handed to me! ahh, and of course i couldnt say no! so im only allowing 2 a day!
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I always buy the cookies, I was a Girl Scout and the cookie sales help the girls go on awesome educational trips.

I will figure them into my daily caloric limit. The cookies are cheaper then the Camp Fire candy anyway....and I can get 'mint patties' and 'almond rocas' any time of the year...the Girl Scout cookies are only made by/for Girl Scouts.
  • hgf219
    hgf219 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Samoas!!!!! I agree Evil!!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    i think i should be glad the girl never came back with my cookies!..i ordered!!!...im glad payment wasnt due at ordering
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options
    the Girl Scout cookies are only made by/for Girl Scouts.
    *of
  • kerots2
    Options
    they are evil. I ate an entire box of samoas in 24 hours.
  • Mythel
    Mythel Posts: 72
    Options
    That box of Tagalongs did me in yesterday. The worst part as I ate them I kept thinking these don't really taste that good. The chocolate didn't have any real flavor and the peanutbutter was bland. Next time I'm just gonna pass and make homemade cookies without all the preservatives and junk and enjoy something tasty.
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    nom nom nom!!! My brother ordered 7 boxes and i am sooooooo looking forward to them, hehe.

i'm glad it will be warmer out when they come 'cause it will be easy to burn them off with a long bike ride :)
  • dimediva33
    Options
    I know...and my daughter is selling them so I have a house full of them..lol
  • apapandrea
    Options
    The Girl Scouts now have an option where you can buy cookies to be sent to our military men and woman, thats always a nice option!
  • gods_gal
    gods_gal Posts: 305
    Options
    I made it through Thanksgiving ... I didn't have pumpkin pie!

I made it through Christmas ... I didn't have pumpkin pie!

I made it through Valentine's Day ... I didn't have chocolate!

I will make it through Girl Scout Cookie Season ...

• krystico
    krystico Posts: 104
    Options
    Savannah Smiles - 5 wonderfully, delicious, light, lemon-y cookies for only 140 calories. It IS a nice little, splurge - as long as you can STOP after 5!!!!
  • MsBandtastic
    Options
    I hope to someday trust myself around Thin Mints but the time is not here yet. Maybe next year.
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options
    I made it through Thanksgiving ... I didn't have pumpkin pie!

I made it through Christmas ... I didn't have pumpkin pie!

I made it through Valentine's Day ... I didn't have chocolate!

Sounds pretty miserable! I eat everything I want at holidays and still lose weight very well. Why cut yourself off completely from things you love?
  • pjocannon
    pjocannon Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    But now we even have to ignore them at the store because Keebler has come out with knock-offs. "Coconut Dreams"...or something like that is the exact Samoa Girl Scout cookie (which was my favorite). I thought to myself...this year I can resist the girl scout cookies...only to see them staring at me on a grocery shelf. Oh yeah...Keebler also makes a chocolate mint cookie that is exactly like the thin mints!
  • kauaibaby
    kauaibaby Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    OMG Bonnie that is hilarious! So true! :)
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    But now we even have to ignore them at the store because Keebler has come out with knock-offs. "Coconut Dreams"...or something like that is the exact Samoa Girl Scout cookie (which was my favorite). I thought to myself...this year I can resist the girl scout cookies...only to see them staring at me on a grocery shelf. Oh yeah...Keebler also makes a chocolate mint cookie that is exactly like the thin mints!

you're NOT helping!

I haven't been down the cookie aisle in ages....