Please help!!! I don't know what to do

Options
Ok so, this might be a little long but please bear with me.

I used to be a very thin person as a little girl. My mother is naturally thin and so is my younger sister. As I got older (elementary school) I became "chubby." In elementary school this did not bother me at all. However, during 8th grade I just stopped eating lunch, I don't know why, I don't think I had a reason I just did. I did not feel hungry so I didn't eat. I was not very active, my only activity was gym class 2-3 times a week and the half-hour walks to and from school. I eventually stopped drinking the cup of milk my mother gave us as breakfast (when I could get away with it), and then I rarely ate dinner. I was basically starving myself. This continued on through 9th and part of 10th grade. I lost weight, though not as much as one would imagine. I got to the lowest I remember, 138 pounds.

In 10th grade I decided to join the tennis team. I slowly began eating again as I could not perform well with the few food I fed my body. My body got used to the food and I would still eat the same amount even when tennis was not in season, so I started gaining weight. Senior year, college application stress led on to more weight gain. This past summer was spent in college, and last fall i gained more than the freshman 15, though I lost some of it by joining MFP. When I went back home for winter break, the weight lost came back, plus more. I got to weight 181 pounds.

Since Junior year I have been tying to lose, though I admit my methods were not healthy. I tried starving myself again, but all that would do was cause me sharp abdominal pains. I started making myself throw up, which did not help either.

Now I want to do it the right way, not just count my calories but actually work out and eat better. Since the beginning of the semester (January 23) I have stopped drinking soda, and have tried to stay away from sugar. I started working out as well. I have PE (Yoga) twice a week for 55 minutes, and I go to a Zumba class on Thursdays for an hour. I tried at the beginning to work out at least 5 a week including PE and Zumba, but it has gotten considerably harder as the semester progresses.

The first week I lost 3 pounds, the second 4.5, the third I gained 2 pounds, and I have not weighted myself for this week. I am not too worried about the 2 pound gain since I felt 7.5 pounds lost in 2 weeks was not normal anyway. I have started to get off track though, drinking more sugary coffee drinks, as well as fatty foods that provide no nutrition whatsoever. I have anemia so I know eating better will greatly help me but I feel I am going back to my old habits. Please help me? I need tips, advice, anything. I want to get to my 135lbs goal, in a healthy way.

Also, I am a college student as mentioned before and walk around my huge campus a lot. What should my activity level be? Lightly active? Thanks!

10105827.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Replies

• ummmsorrybutno
    ummmsorrybutno Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    First, Awesome job on wanting to do it the right way... eating right, having a program is a lifestyle change so ti will create long term changes.

I'm not sure about the activity level because I struggle with the same question.

However as to the bad food items MFP has REALLY helped me with those.... I make myself track them...At the end of the day when I track my food and it says, "You will weigh approx XXX lbs in X weeks" it sucks... I also have my close friends and loved ones hold me accountable. If I go back for a second plate my husband will say things like, "where are you on your calories today?" he doesn't think I need to lose weight but he knows I want to so he helps keep me on track.

Also try planning a weekly menu.. Start on Sunday and through the following Saturday. It's hard but if you plan snacks for the week you can take them with you and avoid the "Omg it's 7:30 I haven't had dinned let me stop by a fast food place" I've also found creating a menu helps me save money. Eating healthy isn't cheep but if I plan to have celery as a snack every day at 5pm I buy the whole stalk rather than the smaller ones and save money.

Just a few tips that have been helping me.
  • npca06
    npca06 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    bump. anyone else?