Hello!

Options
Hey there, I am new to myfitnesspal. I am getting married in August and trying to lose around 20lbs before the big day. Looking for positive motivation and helpful tips to weight loss and toning up.. and now to control my sweet cravings! Look forward to meeting everyone!

Replies

• tradingfoods
    tradingfoods Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    hi you can do it. i was never a huge sweet eater, but i do 100 calorie snacks sometimes for my snack and you can find some that have sweets in them. i like the chex mix with choc and caramel. i also find drink lots of water and it will help the weight come off. loose the soda's and sweet drinks. you may miss them at first but i have found that my taste have actually changed after a few months. i now like apples and things like that , that i used to really not like. i really like this site too. congrats on your wedding and your weight loss journey.
  • hklaquadra
    Options
    Welcome and good luck in reaching your goals. I am new too and want to lose at least 20lbs by this summer. I'm not getting married but hoping to at least catch a prospective groom ;)

When it comes to using MFP, all I can advise you is to be really honest with your food and exercise tracking. If you don't, well, the only person you are fooling is yourself.....
  • ejohnson8412
    Options
    hi you can do it. i was never a huge sweet eater, but i do 100 calorie snacks sometimes for my snack and you can find some that have sweets in them. i like the chex mix with choc and caramel. i also find drink lots of water and it will help the weight come off. loose the soda's and sweet drinks. you may miss them at first but i have found that my taste have actually changed after a few months. i now like apples and things like that , that i used to really not like. i really like this site too. congrats on your wedding and your weight loss journey.

Thank you so much. I did find the Chex turtle mix and I fell in love with it! When I study at night time is when I crave the most. I have started cutting back on my soda's and trying to add more water and unsweetened tea. I love fruit so I am trying to eat more of those when I have my sweet cravings. Good luck to you and keep up the good work!
  • ejohnson8412
    Options
    Welcome and good luck in reaching your goals. I am new too and want to lose at least 20lbs by this summer. I'm not getting married but hoping to at least catch a prospective groom ;)

When it comes to using MFP, all I can advise you is to be really honest with your food and exercise tracking. If you don't, well, the only person you are fooling is yourself.....

You are exactly right, its kinda like cheating on test, your only cheating yourself in the long run. Good luck on your weight loss and finding a prospective groom, I never thought I would ever get married but I finally found the one that makes me complete. Look forward to hearing from you again!
  • amarsing81
    Options
    My name is Amy and I had weight loss surgery just over a year ago. At my heaviest I am ashamed to admit that I was 278 lbs and a size 22. I am now at 162 wearing a 7/8!!! I do have 10-25 lbs left before reaching my goal and being at a healthy BMI. My weight loss has slowed substantially and I am now entering into the maintenance part of the journey. I am using myfitnesspal to help me in getting those last few pounds off and then maintain my new body long term. My husband and I just started the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred about 2 1/2 weeks ago and we have been sticking with it pretty faithfully. I love my new body and all the energy that has come with it. I am 30 years old and finally living my life for the first time!!!