Thank GOD!!! I'm no longer OBESE...

Options
I just checked my BMI from a BMI calculator and my BMI is now:

BMI Categories:

* Underweight = <18.5
* Normal weight = 18.5–24.9
* Overweight = 25–29.9
* Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater

Just nearly below OBESE, but NO LONGER obese--I can't tell you how THRILLED I am.

Now to move from overweight to normal weight, it's going to take some time, but I know it's coming off--55 more pounds of ugly fat to reach my goal. I just started this wonderful journey a month and a day ago--I'm so happy I could cry!

Replies

• JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    That's great! And it'll feel more awesome once you are in the normal range! So when you have a bad day think of how you feel now and how much more awesome it will be once you get to the next step in your weight loss! :drinker: :smile: And in just a month? IMPRESSIVE! :flowerforyou:
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Congrats :drinker: I remember crossing over from obese to overweight and I was so excited :laugh:

Keep up the amazing work you're doing.
  • Jeaniehop
    Jeaniehop Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I hit under 30% last week and was so stoked it was my first mini goal! Very nice job you're doing great!
  • opal24
    opal24 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Fantastic achievement - seeing others get there like this really keeps me motivated!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    That's great! And it'll feel more awesome once you are in the normal range! So when you have a bad day think of how you feel now and how much more awesome it will be once you get to the next step in your weight loss! :drinker: :smile: And in just a month? IMPRESSIVE! :flowerforyou:

Thank you so much, I'm THRILLED! I also love what you said about remembering this day and how I feel when (not if, but when :brokenheart: a bad day comes), that's something I didn't think of and will remember. Thank you so much for the encouragement and most excellent advice--I love it!!!
  • bpurc22
    bpurc22 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    ConGRATulationsssssssssss!
  • nawazarrio
    nawazarrio Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! All of your hard work is paying off! :D
  • mxmandani
    Options
    High Five!
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! It's a great feeling, isn't it?
  • magoch
    magoch Posts: 134
    Options
    Awesome -- congrats! I just crossed over last week, and boy it was fabulous!! I can't wait to get to 28!
  • ashleynicoleh04
    ashleynicoleh04 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    congrats!!!! that is such great news!! happy for you :happy:
  • judypriv
    judypriv Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    yay!
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS. I AM THRILLED FOR YOU AND A WEE BIT JEALOUS. I WANT THIS, I GUESS IF I REALLY AND TRUELY WANT THIS I MUST LEARN TO WORK HARDER AND STAY FOCUSED 100%

THANKS FOR THE INSPIRATION.
  • c3jaam
    c3jaam Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am listed as Obese. I never thought about getting to the overweight category as a mile stone. I was just looking at the numbers on the scale. Thank you for opening my eyes!:smile:
  • ramamax
    Options
    Great Job!!!! Cant wait to reach there myself:smile:
  • jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I have to lose 91lbs. to do that-can't wait-Congratulations!
  • peachied
    peachied Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    whoop whoop! congrats :)
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: THANK YOU EVERYBODY :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Your good wishes and congrats are just as wonderful as you ALL are :flowerforyou: so encouraging to me!!!!
  • Leigh_D
    Leigh_D Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!

The health benefits of shedding excess weight are so worth it! I, too, started deep in the "obese" category (37 to be exact), I've moved through "overweight" and now I'm 10 pounds away from indexing under 25 ... HEALTHY!

Keep up the good work! You can do it! :happy:
  • Graciecny
    Options
    Congratulations! That will be my first milestone with weight loss! I still have a long ways to go, but I'm getting there...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!