NOT sore... not working hard enough?

If I am NOT sore the next day, does that mean I'm not working hard enough?

Replies

• mamato3babies
    mamato3babies Posts: 73 Member
    Not necessarily.... Maybe you could work a little harder, but I personally think that every person is different.... If you are happy with the work that you did then I don't see a problem... Make sure to push yourself though.
  • I too have had the same question. I was sore the first 3 days of Jillians 30DS, but not for the rest of the challenge. I did loose close to 5" and 8lbs, but I also modified my eating.

BTW: I'm sure you've been told, but gosh you look like Vanessa Minnillo!
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    I don't know if it means you are not working hard enough, but i know sometimes when I am not sore the next day its b/c my body has started to get too used to the workout. So, I will either increase my mileage (running) or add heavier weights.
  • I have found you can workout hard and not be sore if you get the right nutrition into your body before and / or after exercise. I've been amazed with the results I found. I first noticed it several years ago during wood-cutting season. Usually I got really sore from wrestling logs and running the chain saw and axe. I found out when I got the right stuff in my body my muscle recovery was fast and soreness was 90% reduced. :happy:
  • alexbelly
    alexbelly Posts: 277 Member
    I too have had the same question. I was sore the first 3 days of Jillians 30DS, but not for the rest of the challenge. I did loose close to 5" and 8lbs, but I also modified my eating.

Thanks! Ive actually never gotten that before but what a compliment!

You made my day!
  • MrsSpinks
    MrsSpinks Posts: 274 Member
    I too have had the same question. I was sore the first 3 days of Jillians 30DS, but not for the rest of the challenge. I did loose close to 5" and 8lbs, but I also modified my eating.

I thought you were Olivia Williams!!!
  • alexbelly
    alexbelly Posts: 277 Member
    Thanks everyone!

I have been steadily drinking a protein/workout shake about an hour before each workout that a trainer recommended, but I thought it was just to give me energy so I dont get hungry during the workout.
    I never connected the fact that it could be helping out in my recovery time.

I'll turn my intensity up tonight, just case..